Reboot Loop Issue

ph1aak

Reaction score
I recently cracked the display on my DROID RAZR MAXX (XT912) to the point where the phone is unusable. Instead of submitting a claim and paying a $100 deductible to Asurion, I went the eBay route and bought a used XT912 with the intention of swapping out displays. The phone was listed with it having a "boot loop" issue but I didn't care because after all, I only wanted the display. It was delivered today and now I'm reconsidering my original plan of swapping out parts because the phone is in excellent condition and it might be easier and faster to resolve this software issue. I'm posting this thread because I'm not sure what steps to take to resolve the issue. The phone powers on, shows the Motorola logo, shows the boot animation and loads the first-time setup menu but reboots afterwards. I should add that I tried a factory reset through Recovery but obviously that didn't help. I have a feeling that the stock ROM needs re-flashed but I'm not sure how to go about doing that. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

OP
P

ph1aak

Reaction score
I was doing some research today and came across the DROID RAZR Utility software. From what I understand, I should be able to utilize this to flash the phone to official Jellybean firmware. Would this be a possible solution?

OP
P

ph1aak

Reaction score
I used the DROID RAZR Utility software tonight and flashed Jellybean with the wipe data option. The flashing process went smoothly and everything came back "OKAY" but when it finally booted, it started boot looping again after touching next on the welcome screen. I then used the four corner bypass trick which allowed me to get to the home screen but the phone is still randomly rebooting. I thought flashing would solve this issue but I'm not sure what to do next. I posted on these forums because I thought there would be people willing to help. Can someone please give me a couple minutes of their time and offer some suggestions?

OP
P

ph1aak

Reaction score
Can I get this thread moved to the DROID RAZR MAXX sub-forum?