Reboot 12.24

Fluffy

Reaction score
I've had 5 soft reboots already, I read this problemhad been fixed? Yes I did a clean wipe, had to redo my folders again :(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I've had 5 soft reboots already, I read this problemhad been fixed? Yes I did a clean wipe, had to redo my folders again :(

did you flash the update fix that Jamezelle released? 12.24.1?

Its just a no wipe flash over the current one. It fixed my reboots on third party app installs...and the contacts picture editing fc.

The new miui is stable as far as I can tell.

corman324

Reaction score

did you flash the update fix that Jamezelle released? 12.24.1?

Its just a no wipe flash over the current one. It fixed my reboots on third party app installs...and the contacts picture editing fc.

The new miui is stable as far as I can tell.

where is that?

OP
F

Fluffy

Reaction score
thanks, I didn't see the thread update, oops haha. hopefully this will finally stop the reboots!

OP
F

Fluffy

Reaction score
ill just go stock if it doesn't, all I have roms for is free internet for my friends don't even need

OP
F

Fluffy

Reaction score
Still gettting reboots, some are hard even now. I dont understand why.

russ0627

Reaction score
I was having a lot of them also, and they were getting more and more frequent. I decided to double wipe the partitions in recovery( ex. BOOT, SYSTEM, etc.). Re-flashed 12.24.0 and the flashed 12.24.1. I have not had a single reboot since. Give it try and see if that works for you.

OP
F

Fluffy

Reaction score
I would, can you tell me how I would save my folders tho? Its a pain in the ass to redo it, or would the double wipe clear everything?

russ0627

Reaction score
Yeah...I know it is a pain. I thought this release was going to have the capability of saving folder configuration. I guess not. Wiping the partitions wipes everything...don't accidentally wipe your SD card tho.

NEVERMIND!!! Reading back in the forum under Saving Screen Layouts...? by Corman324.

It says to use Miui Backup/System for the screen layout backup. I just tested it and... low and behold it works. Oh happy day!!!

Last edited:

daddyshatch

Reaction score
I have been running the newest build for about 3 days wih no reboot issues... until I themed. Applied a theme this morning and had 3 soft reboots today. Weird

dbuglio

Reaction score
Running the past month of MIUI's have been giving me hell with soft reboots (what look to me like kernel panics, happens with stock, chevy's ULV AND slayers).

I use stereo bluetooth a great deal and the reboots happen the most often with this, however it can happen randomly anytime. Phone will just randomly freeze, become completely unresponsive (soft keys do not respond or light up) and about 5 seconds later I get the MIUI bootscreen.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
They happen. I've never had bad problems with reboots. Maybe 10-15 since I started using MIUI and even that is pushing it. I've had 2 since 12.24. It just works differently for everyone.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have been running the newest build for about 3 days wih no reboot issues... until I themed. Applied a theme this morning and had 3 soft reboots today. Weird

That seems strange. Did you use the newer format (mtz)?