really stupid question re appkiller

ebean

Reaction score
aeeee...it's an amazing phone and i'm sure it will feel intuitive in a week before but right now my head is spinning.

stupid question 1: appkiller - i paid for the advanced app killer. when i bring up the apps that are running...do i green check the ones that i want to kill? or green check the ones that i want to keep running. confused.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
check the ones you want to kill. To clarify it also keeps a record so, if you keep one unchecked it will never become checked again unless you do it, it saves you from having to uncheck or recheck each app everytime you want to close one.

OP
ebean

ebean

Reaction score
check the ones you want to kill. To clarify it also keeps a record so, if you keep one unchecked it will never become checked again unless you do it, it saves you from having to uncheck or recheck each app everytime you want to close one.
oh new2u....bless you. i will have more of these little questions and it is so appreciated to get an answer. starting to get the hang of it.
by the way, i cannot, for anything, figure out how to pull up the virtual keyboard in portrait (not landscape) mode.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The virtual keyboard can only be brought up while in apps, and browsers, the home screen that's installed native on the phone does not allow for landscape mode with virtual keyboard.

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Well done, New2u. I like support communities who support users like you do.

Prof. Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

andjarnic

Reaction score
As for paying for the app killer program..well, it's probably too late now, and it's always good to support the developer (as I am one), so I won't argue there, but it's not really needed. There is a sticky under the General Discussion forum that another fellow and myself explain in some detail about why it is not really needed. It is still nice to have one click access to the list of running apps, but Android handles memory just fine without you having to kill apps.