Questions about Overclocking

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OK...rooted noob here, running a Droid 2, rooted, and I so love this phone. I originally rooted for the tethering feature, and I have been reading various posts and threads around the forum about overclocking. Sure I'd love to get a little better speed out of the phone, but I am a noob when it comes to voltages and settings, and I don't want to get stuck in a boot loop like some have posted about. My questions are:

Whats the best settings to choose for a rooted Droid 2 running the stock ROM?

Which is the better of the two apps, the one by "Jrummy" or the one by "Unstable"?

How does overclocking affect battery life?

I am proud to say that with all the apps I have installed on my phone, I still get AWESOME battery life, even with heavy internet usage and talking and texting. (I use SetCPU and an Appkiller to conserve battery) If I'm gonna get a little extra speed out of it, am I going to be sacrificing battery life?

Thanks in advance for any help/answers.

paulp04

Reaction score
Every phone is different. One setting on mine won't necessarily work on your phone.
As far as apps... I don't know, I edit the files manually and activate in term.
In most cases you can gain speed while even saving your battery life. I overclock and undervolt. Currently I'm stable at 1.2ghz with less voltage(0. 2 less).

Sent via DROID X 2.2 rooted running Rubix Focused 1.0 on Verizon Wireless

mza929

Reaction score
i prefer...

Jrummys... as of right now there is more apps.

The great thing about the D2 overclockers is the fact that if you select a speed or voltage that your phone cannot handle, then you reboot and try another as the stock settings will be applied on a reboot.
**** just remember, you need to test the speeds and voltages for some time before selecting the apply at boot option.****

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well I went ahead and sprung the .99 Cents for Jrummy's app, and so far I'm quite pleased. Have it set at low voltage and 1.3 GHz, no major temperature increase and no rebooting issues, and boy oh boy she's a blazin' little unit. Also, no major battery life loss either, and I have been using the phone, talking and surfing the web. Good on ya, Jrummy, nice app! dancedroid

mza929

Reaction score
Make sure u try the widget. It rocks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

mza929

Reaction score
Make sure u try the widget. It rocks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Widget?? Can you elaborate? Haven't seen that... :)

well - if you have jrummys app (and it is updated) you now have a widget option to place on your home screen. It takes up 2 (next to each other)spots and looks awesome. Shows min max and temps etc.

CAP201010302059.jpg

Last edited:
OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks mza929... thats way cool... although I DID look through every setting in the app before it dawned on me that you meant by adding the widget by long press on the screen, *Brain Fart* :icon_eek:

Thanks!