obrien714

Reaction score
try screen stay

good app, has 3 good options for using different unlocking options

OP
K

kenkamm

Reaction score
Steve, thanks for letting me know and thanks for getting back to me. Indeed your email ended up in my spam folder. I'm still trying to figure gmail out. Thanks.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
tried to find Screen Stay on Market, but could not find it - must not be Android 2.01 ready? Would like to find a good tool to lock screen other than lock pattern and have looked at LockBot and Lock2.0. . .still searching

OP
K

kenkamm

Reaction score
I also had no luck finding Screen Stay.

I dont want to try Flyscreen because, for me, it's trying to be too much. I don't want to access "the entire mobile web" without unlocking the screen. If I'm going to be doing that much with the phone, I have no problem with unlocking the screen! I just want to see previews of my notifications. Also, Flyscreen, although free, requires sign-up, which I don't like. Finally, it seems buggy based on reviews I've read from other droid owners.

If I could pull the window shade down before unlocking the screen, I would be pretty happy. If there was an app that allowed that (and scrolling in case you have a lot of notifications) I would be pretty happy.

Oh, and I want to be able to control music playback, ideally with a double-press of one of the buttons.

Man, I wish I knew how to write code. :(

Appventive

Reaction score
I also had no luck finding Screen Stay.

I dont want to try Flyscreen because, for me, it's trying to be too much. I don't want to access "the entire mobile web" without unlocking the screen. If I'm going to be doing that much with the phone, I have no problem with unlocking the screen! I just want to see previews of my notifications. Also, Flyscreen, although free, requires sign-up, which I don't like. Finally, it seems buggy based on reviews I've read from other droid owners.

If I could pull the window shade down before unlocking the screen, I would be pretty happy. If there was an app that allowed that (and scrolling in case you have a lot of notifications) I would be pretty happy.

Oh, and I want to be able to control music playback, ideally with a double-press of one of the buttons.

Man, I wish I knew how to write code. :(

Hi Ken,
With Executive Assistant you can add a music player widget to your lock screen (either the default Music widget, or one of your choice).

Cheers,
Steve