Really could use some help asap

MIAboi1221

Reaction score
I have had so many problems with my Droid Incredible but this is my newest issue.... Every time I try to turn on my phone it goes through the whole start up screens over and over and over and over again. I can't use my phone because it just goes through the start up screens and never goes to my actual phone. I have pulled out the battery for a minute and put it back in and have had this problem for a few hours now. What do you think I could do, I really need my phone and I'm out of town right now? Thanks!

B

bthomp21

Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding.
  1. Turn the power off. If your HTC DROID Incredible is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Hold the Power button until the display turns on
  4. You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button to select
  7. Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the HTC DROID Incredible. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

OP
M

MIAboi1221

Reaction score
I am pretty much stock. I've only had it for a month and haven't really put much on it. Only a couple of little apps. My contacts are extremely important though. How do I back them up to make sure I don't lose them?

OP
M

MIAboi1221

Reaction score
And I don't understand why I have to do all that? It's an almost brand new phone, why should I be having to start over on it? Just doesn't make sense to me.

B

bthomp21

when you created your contacts, you should have chose an email to save them to. most likely your gmail account for the phone. once you log back in to the account after install, they will appear.

B

bthomp21

And I don't understand why I have to do all that? It's an almost brand new phone, why should I be having to start over on it? Just doesn't make sense to me.

im sure there is another fix. i was giving the last resort option. i will look around a little more for you and see what i come up with...

B

bthomp21

no problem, unless you have rooted your phone and have some sort of recovery option and back up. i think you will have to factory reset. your contacts will be saved to your gmail account and you can redownload apps in market. good luck. hopefully someone chimes in soon.

OP
M

MIAboi1221

Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem with doing that but I can't find my contacts in my gmail which makes me nervous. I don't want to reset it unless I have them. When I got my phone the guy told me that they would be in there but I'm not sure where they are.