bootloader err:a5,69,35,00,21 on an urooted droidx

Graciq321

Reaction score
Ok... Just got this Droid X. The charging port on last one broke had no problems. I'm going out of town tomorrow need a phone ASAP. How do I fix this!?! screen displays only on the charger.

Bootloader
err: a5,69,35,00,21

battery low
cannot program

Been through the blogs and they're not making any sense. The phone won't let me get past this step. Black screen when not plugged in. I've held buttons down (particularly the power, volume, camera buttons while on wall charger) and nothing... a whole lot of just the afore mentioned screen.

When I do the button holding when plugged into computer the error code and cannot program goes away. Phone still doesn't start... The very unhelpful Verizon Associate said I should've gotten a samsung... what an ass... I digress...

please obi wan kenobi you're my only hope... no seriously... someone who knows how to do this better than me you are my only hope.

-grace

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Do you have access to another battery or an external charger? You'll need one because with the battery low there's no way to flash the phone.

Unfortunately the phone won't charge in the bootloader -- so if you don't have access to another battery or an external charger you'll need to butcher a USB cable (any cable will do) to trick the phone into thinking it has a full charge.

OP
G

Graciq321

Reaction score
hmm... what do you mean by butcher? cause i'm game to tear some sh*t up right now!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. I'd strongly recommend you NOT do this on a Motorola-branded microUSB cable as a cheapie dollar store one should work just as well.

Credit to csealpcr for posting this and whomever he found it from.

NOTE: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGE DONE TO ANY PHONE, BATTERY, ETC. FOLLOW THESE STEPS WITH CAUTION TO AVOID RISK OF DAMAGE.
1. Take your cable and cut off one of the ends, leaving a standard USB plug at the opposite end to plug into your computer.

2. Now you need to strip about and inch of the wire off until you get to the core where you should see 4 colored wires (red, black, white, and green). The colors don't really matter and they may vary, just as long as you can see a red wire and a black wire.

3. Strip off about a quarter inch of the rubber sleeving on the red and black cables, exposing the actual metal wire.

4. Twist the metal strands of each of the wires a couple of times so that all of the wires from the black cable are together and all of the wires from the red cable are together. This is just to make sure that you don't create a short circuit.

5. Here's where it gets a little tricky. You are going to use this cable to make the phone think the battery is fully charged, when in fact you will just be powering the phone using the power from the USB port. Pull out the battery on your phone and find the 4 exposed metal slots (the battery terminals).

6. Each of the far terminals should be labeled with a plus (+) or a minus (-). What you need to do is put exposed leads on the red wire up to the positive terminal and the leads of the black wire up to the negative terminal.

This has worked for at least one other person with problems. Make sure you're cutting the end you don't plug into your PC, and be careful. I REALLY hope this fixes your problem. :)

:rockon:

OP
G

Graciq321

Reaction score
You're my hero... I'll give it a try in the morning. I'm going to see if verizon will let me borrow a battery to flash my phone. if not... I have options!

Thank you So Much!!!

-Grace
dancedroid