REAL proof that Gingerbread is almost here for us!

Rocko

Reaction score
The update will not be available to all X users on Friday. The first group to get the update will be the Motorola soak group. There will be additional users added every day. The update will be available to everyone after June 1st.

I'm sure the manual update file will show up on the forums early Friday for anyone that wants to use it.

No, July 1st is the mass OTA.

csimo

Reaction score
The update will not be available to all X users on Friday. The first group to get the update will be the Motorola soak group. There will be additional users added every day. The update will be available to everyone after June 1st.

I'm sure the manual update file will show up on the forums early Friday for anyone that wants to use it.

I can just tell you that the message I have says that only the "permitted MEID's" will be able to pull the update on Friday.

Time will tell.

Rocko

Reaction score

I can just tell you that the message I have says that only the "permitted MEID's" will be able to pull the update on Friday.

Time will tell.

What message? From where?

csimo

Reaction score

Time will tell.

Who, where, when about the message doesn't matter. I'm not going to debate the issue with anyone, just saying that most X users should not expect to get the update on Friday. Some users will get it on Friday if their MEID is permitted. More will get it every day depending on the results of the soak.

Everyone can get it after June 1st.

Rocko

Reaction score

Time will tell.

Who, where, when about the message doesn't matter. I'm not going to debate the issue with anyone, just saying that most X users should not expect to get the update on Friday. Some users will get it on Friday if their MEID is permitted. More will get it every day depending on the results of the soak.

Right. My message says July 1. No one should expect it Friday.

hipnotic0718

Reaction score
Make sure you are aware that at this time the anticipated release plugged the issue where by rooting of Gingerbread leaks was possible. As for me I am staying with my 573 leak since I have no issues with my phone. It's fast, stable and tethering still works for me if I ever wish to use it. This also means that the Droid X2 when loaded with the new Gingerbread OTA will also not be able to be rooted utilizing the previous methods.

Hey man im running 595 build and was looking for a good tethering app that works. I tried barnacle and widow tether and it sets up then when I try to connect my computer shows an exclamation point over the signal strength

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I use wireless tether and am running darkside. Always connects. Easy to use.

Gunner67

Reaction score
I am rooted and do not want the ota update, how do I make sure it doesnt get installed?

csimo

Reaction score
I am rooted and do not want the ota update, how do I make sure it doesnt get installed?

When the update is pushed to your device you'll see a screen that says "Update available". On that screen you can hit the "Later" button and the update will not be installed. You may have to hit the "Later" button often to opt out of the update.

csimo

Reaction score

Right. My message says July 1. No one should expect it Friday.

I guess we found out how good your sources are.

Next time listen to verified sources.