Reading someone's Text Messages

jthorpe

Reaction score
Is there an app out there that you can download to view someone else's text messages? For instance, if my daughter has a blackberry and I have a droid but we are on the same account, is there an app that I can download to see those messages?

I've heard there was but I have searched and cannot find one...

Zac7

Reaction score
Don't really think that is possible....at least I hope not for everyone's privacy. But to answer your question I have never heard of any app like that.

Detonation

Reaction score
The only way I could see something like this being possible is if the phone hosting the text messages has an app on it that would do something to allow the texts to be shared - such as uploading them to some "cloud" where you could then see them.

OP
J

jthorpe

Reaction score
Well I think Zac is right. Taking the phone and reading them is about the best bet and if I feel that she's not doing what's appropriate with her phone, then take the phone altogether...If she doesn't like it, then she can get her own phone when she's 18.

Raziel36

Reaction score
There are Android apps that will allow auto backup and emailing of all text messages, at a pre-designated time, daily. If there were a similar app for Blackberry, this would be easier than grabbing the phone daily, but she's also going to delete stuff that would get her in trouble, anyhow.

On Alltel, I could change the NAM settings on the phone to be someone else's phone number(Alltel only), and receive their incoming texts, which was a fun way to use an old phone, but I couldn't get it to work with Verizon :(

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Droid916

Reaction score
Is there an app out there that you can download to view someone else's text messages? For instance, if my daughter has a blackberry and I have a droid but we are on the same account, is there an app that I can download to see those messages?

I've heard there was but I have searched and cannot find one...

I dont know if this is true.....but I heard that you can have Verizon print out your texts....if you are the primary account holder, you may be possible to print out texts from ALL phones under your account.

Im not sure if this applies to all the other carriers....and once again, I dont know if this is true....just something I heard.