Re-Activate failure after downgrading

jak86

Reaction score
I was running stock 2.1. I have not been able to comepletly root and install roms on my phone...i get an error that nobody has ever been able to answer. With all of the new 2.2 stuff comin out thought I would try to downgrade to 2.0.1 and install.

Just put 2.1 back on using rds lite but still the same thing when it comes to activate my phone

shooter_454

Reaction score
I was running stock 2.1. I have not been able to comepletly root and install roms on my phone...i get an error that nobody has ever been able to answer. With all of the new 2.2 stuff comin out thought I would try to downgrade to 2.0.1 and install.

Just put 2.1 back on using rds lite but still the same thing when it comes to activate my phone
I'm on hold with verizon right now I will report what happens.

shooter_454

Reaction score
K...do you have insurance on your phone?
Yes i do.

alright this is what they had me do,tap the 4 corners of the screen(black part of the screen no white or grey areas) this is the start up screen with android on it.From top left to top right then to bottom right then bottom left,this will give you a home screen.Hit the phone icon then dail ##774726 hang up and do it again this will bring you into a option screen.Hit 01 something user is the name i just rememeber its the first one LOL getting old,then you will see box with min with #'s in it put your phone # in , then men(or it will have the same #'s as the min box had again getting old LOL) put you phone # in ,at the bottom you will see box with 2004 or something like that put 65 in hit done.And you should be able to set up your gmail....

This all happened fast while i was talking to the tech.Try it out and see if it works for you and if not call them,they didn't ask any ?'s.I did as i asked how did this happen and he said i don't know lol.

jak86

Reaction score
I am able to get past the activation to dial the number. I dialed ##774726 and listened to the lady, once it hung up I did it again and she came right back on

shooter_454

Reaction score
I am able to get past the activation to dial the number. I dialed ##774726 and listened to the lady, once it hung up I did it again and she came right back on
You dont dial the number at the activation screen its after you tap the 4 corners at the start up menu,it will bering you to a home screen with icons thats where you have to dial the #,you should just call and have them walk you thru it.

jak86

Reaction score
I cant call to have them help me, my account isnt in my name and my fiancee is at work. I followed along just like you said, skipped the activation by pressing the 4 corners to get to the home screen, selected the phone icon like I normally would to make a phone call and dialed that number and pressed send. I hung up after it connected and called it again. Nothin happened, the same recording came on the phone about my number being inactive so im confused how you got to the menu.

Not tryin to be a pain, I would just like to have my phone work again

Just to be clear the recording isnt the same as the one that wanted you to put your phone number and social security number

shooter_454

Reaction score
Just to be clear the recording isnt the same as the one that wanted you to put your phone number and social security number
No its not the same,there wasnt a recording at all it when into a option screen.I hope someone chimes in to help you out,you may have to call when she gets home.

Good luck

jak86

Reaction score
She just finieshed talking to verizon. Insurance wasnt an issue and they were able to reactivate my phone. I guess until someone answers my error problem from before im stuck with a stock droid.

Thanks for the help anyways!

shooter_454

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it running again,How did they reactivate it...

As I said I had flashed back to stock alot of times and never had this kind of problem.I'm back to running 2.2 and loving it but still wondering why my droid did this also..

jak86

Reaction score
I had her go threw it with the verizon lady but from what I understand, since my insurance wasnt an issue all I had to do was continue with the activation just like always...only difference was they added to the recording and had to put my number and account password in.

So from the way it sounds my problem was a little different than yours which is why calling that number didnt work