RAZR Review

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hate to say it but the colors likely won't be much better on the Nexus. The resolution will be much higher, so any granularity or pixelation should be minimized, but the color "issues" will be similar - I believe anyway...

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
I just "rented" a Razr while waiting for the Nexus and I have to say the display is AWFUL!! The coloring seems off to me (coming from a thunderbolt BTW) - the whites have a yellowish tint to them and blues look green ... just terrible!!! I really hope the Nexus drops soon!

I wonder if this is just unit-to-unit variability?

I did a side-by-side comparison of my Bionic with a TB maybe a month ago, and the TB had a yellowish tint. It was really noticable in the whites, the Bionic was start/bright white and the TB had a soft tint to the whites, and the to the screen overall. But even in this case, it could just be variability across units.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
The RAZR definitely has a grey/blue quality to the display. It's inherent in the panels Moto has decided to use for these devices.
No white pixel = grey/blue. Add to that the oversaturation all AMOLED screens suffer from and you have a subpar screen (IMO at least).

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The RAZR definitely has a grey/blue quality to the display. It's inherent in the panels Moto has decided to use for these devices.
No white pixel = grey/blue. Add to that the oversaturation all AMOLED screens suffer from and you have a subpar screen (IMO at least).

I hate to agree since I love the RAZR in every other way but you are completely correct - the whites are completely sub-par making it very hard to read text. For gaming or other applications it's fine but not reading.