RAZR Review

jcardona1

Reaction score
Looks like the camera is typical Motorola garbage. Shame too, this long in the smart phone game you'd think they figure it out.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting it. It'll be interesting when it gets into the wild and we start seeing comments on this forum.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Every review I've read this morning so far (5 total, including Slashgear and Engadget) have come to similar conclusions... great phone, awesome screen, subpar battery life (wonder if it's worse than Bionic since the Bionic actually got decent battery reviews?) and subpar camera...

So avoid Motorola if a fast camera is your #1 feature of a smartphone!

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Looks like there is a glut of new reviews for the RAZR. Here's another...

Motorola Droid RAZR review | The Verge

This review seems to slam the AMOLED display:
Compared to Motorola’s excellent qHD LCD displays in devices like the Bionic and Droid X2 and Apple’s industry-leading iPhone 4 / 4S Retina Display, the RAZR is a major disappointment...

Sure, it's just one review, and who knows if the display is really this bad. But I was really expecting Moto to hit it out of the park, at least on the display-front.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just played for it for an hour.

Love the feel, very light.

Screen compared to the Bionic blows it away. The color and detail are WAY better. My one fault with the RAZR is that the automatic brightness is too low. In order to read white easily you need to push it up. When I pushed it up the screen was fantastic.

The speakers were what you could expect from a device that thin. Very clear but not as much base as the Bionic.

Haptic feedback is the same - better on the Bionic because of it's size - but you had no problem feeling it. It was just softer.

It was FAST. I think faster response time than the Bionic but still not a major difference. I did side by side web browsing and you couldn't tell much of a difference except for the color.

It comes with Madden which I've never played - I should have bought it - fantastic and when you are playing with it the colors and sound are great.

How is the battery? No way to know since they have it hooked to power all the time. I could have unhooked it but I may have set off the alarms.

I think the people complaining of the screen door effect on the display need to have their eyes checked.

No it's not too big - about the same size as the Bionic.

Basically it's a better Bionic.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Why in the world is this in the Bionic forum? Isn't there a Razr forum that this belongs in?

tcayton49

Reaction score
Let's see how this statement pans out. ;)

Lets not. The Bionic vs Razr thing is pretty played out and its kinda annoying that the subject keeps popping up in this forum over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I think the people complaining of the screen door effect on the display need to have their eyes checked.
It might not be as noticeable on the RAZR but its definitely still there.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just played for it for an hour.

Love the feel, very light.

Basically it's a better Bionic.

I looked at your poll on what phone you should have and the RAZR is losing 3 to 1 to the Nexus. Based on your hands-on tests, do you plan to go with the RAZR?

OP
B

billyk

Reaction score
Why in the world is this in the Bionic forum? Isn't there a Razr forum that this belongs in?

It's there now!

Sorry 'bout that. I am the OP and originally posted it in the Bionic forum due to the comparision with the Bionic in the article.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I looked at your poll on what phone you should have and the RAZR is losing 3 to 1 to the Nexus. Based on your hands-on tests, do you plan to go with the RAZR?

I will wait for the Nexus and decide then. I want all of the information and the Nexus hopefully will be out in 10 days.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I just "rented" a Razr while waiting for the Nexus and I have to say the display is AWFUL!! The coloring seems off to me (coming from a thunderbolt BTW) - the whites have a yellowish tint to them and blues look green ... just terrible!!! I really hope the Nexus drops soon!