Razr Replacement Parts?

epphllps

Reaction score
IS it even possible to order replacement parts for the Razr? I have found literally nothing. I am mainly looking for a new battery since the replacement is fairly easy. I am only under the Moto warranty and I am too tech savvy to send off my hardware and with the horrible luck I have had with repairs, I'd rather skip that process. Just wish I knew how to order the part. Thanks in advance!

For anyone else interested, the battery is labeled as the following:

Motorola DROID RAZR Battery SNN5899A ML-M072

shortie43506

Reaction score
I was told by the Verizon store that if you have battery problems they send you a new/refurbished phone....rather then send it off for repair.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
epphllps

epphllps

Reaction score
I was told by the Verizon store that if you have battery problems they send you a new/refurbished phone....rather then send it off for repair.

I forgot to mention that I am covered under Moto warranty only b/c this was an upgrade from another account. If you swap accounts VZW no longer offers insurance or warranty coverage for your phone. Pretty lame IMO, but that is how they do it. I tried within the first 14 days and they wouldn't even allow me to exchange within than period of time. I can only send off to Moto and go without my only phone for 5-7 business days plus shipping time or replace it on my own if I choose. Looks like I am SOL due to no replacement batteries being available at all.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I am covered under Moto warranty only b/c this was an upgrade from another account. If you swap accounts VZW no longer offers insurance or warranty coverage for your phone. Pretty lame IMO, but that is how they do it. I tried within the first 14 days and they wouldn't even allow me to exchange within than period of time. I can only send off to Moto and go without my only phone for 5-7 business days plus shipping time or replace it on my own if I choose. Looks like I am SOL due to no replacement batteries being available at all.
actually, if the number you swapped the phone upgrade over from is on the same account they will make a note on your file stating warranty is still in tact and in fact replace it under the warranty. I had to do this originally when my fascinate didnt work and I was told cause it was on another account the warranty was no longer valid, but once I pointed out to them that it came from the same billing account the guy made a quick note and was able to send me a new phone under warranty.

OP
epphllps

epphllps

Reaction score
actually, if the number you swapped the phone upgrade over from is on the same account they will make a note on your file stating warranty is still in tact and in fact replace it under the warranty. I had to do this originally when my fascinate didnt work and I was told cause it was on another account the warranty was no longer valid, but once I pointed out to them that it came from the same billing account the guy made a quick note and was able to send me a new phone under warranty.

Unfortunately, it is family that I swapped with but we have different billing accounts so they said they are no longer liable for anything whatsoever (exact words). So anytime a 4g sim card from a different account is placed in a 4g phone the system automatically voids insurances and warranties. I saw this with my own eyes on their computer system. It does not allow them to make a warranty exchange from within the system. I think it is bad business, but they have their rules.

Tank_Tak

Reaction score
that sucks cause I know with mine he couldnt change anything but he did make a note in the system to allow the warranty. Guess its different with different billing accounts.

OP
epphllps

epphllps

Reaction score
That was the point that killed my chances. Different billing account ruins all chances of replacement outside of Moto. My search continues for replacement parts, though. They have to be available somehow.

jays91ls

Reaction score
When did a similar thing with my bionic they still replaced it cause of the factory warranty, that's odd that they would end that

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
IS it even possible to order replacement parts for the Razr? I have found literally nothing. I am mainly looking for a new battery since the replacement is fairly easy. I am only under the Moto warranty and I am too tech savvy to send off my hardware and with the horrible luck I have had with repairs, I'd rather skip that process. Just wish I knew how to order the part. Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this will help, but did you see this? Motorola DROID RAZR XT912 Battery SNN5899A ML-M072 « Sunpow Industrial Limited

Perhaps the part number will get you closer. Looks like the number SNN5899A is actually what you're looking for from them.

swallman

Reaction score
A buddy of mine purchased a used Thunderbolt off Ebay and he had some issues with it. Verizon fully covered the warranty and sent him a replacement device (this was a couple of months ago).

OP
epphllps

epphllps

Reaction score
OP
epphllps

epphllps

Reaction score
A buddy of mine purchased a used Thunderbolt off Ebay and he had some issues with it. Verizon fully covered the warranty and sent him a replacement device (this was a couple of months ago).

Yeah I went through it all with them trying to get mine replaced. What your buddy had was pure luck, as they are not even suppose to do that. Wish I was that lucky as they even remember me purchasing the phone from them. I visit the store pretty often for various reasons and could not get it done under any circumstance. I still disagree with their practices. The phone was purchased from VZW, so regardless I should have 14 days to at least exchange if it is a dud. I mean if it was a dud I would have been stuck with it and no exceptions but to send it to Moto.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yeah I went through it all with them trying to get mine replaced. What your buddy had was pure luck, as they are not even suppose to do that. Wish I was that lucky as they even remember me purchasing the phone from them. I visit the store pretty often for various reasons and could not get it done under any circumstance. I still disagree with their practices. The phone was purchased from VZW, so regardless I should have 14 days to at least exchange if it is a dud. I mean if it was a dud I would have been stuck with it and no exceptions but to send it to Moto.

Don't know what power the guys/gals at the store have to make exchanges, but if you dial *611, wait for the prompt, hit 0#, then it'll ask for your 4 digit pin, type that in, and when rep answers explain your dilemma. They will accommodate you directly from Verizon Wireless, ship you a new (yes, I said NEW) phone via 2-day air, and there will be a return label with postage paid for you to send the defective unit back.

YOU DO have the right to replace with a NEW phone within the initial 14 days. After that, it'll be a Factory Refurbished unit, which is essentially as good as new. There will be no scratches or other blemishes, and for all intents and purpose, it will appear brand new to you and should operate as new.

I have a NEW phone coming to me today from Verizon Wireless for the screen blemishes among other things. I told the rep I was aware of the problems and explained how it appears, and he said it's a "defective unit from the manufacturer" and that "you are eligible for a new phone as a replacement during your initial 14 days". He did try to sell me the insurance, but I asked how long I have to add it and he said I have another 21 days, so I declined and told him I may consider adding it at some point over the next 21 days. Order confirmed, I have already received a tracking number in email.

jays91ls

Reaction score
thats the same thing i did , all these handsets have 1 year warranty from motorola, you really should talk to verizon on the phone a lot of times the people in the stores can be a bit naive

Herach

Reaction score

Hello. In case you are still interested, here is a link for Droid razr Extended battery.

3500MAH Extended Life Motorola Droid RAZR Battery