Razr not charging

majp89

Reaction score
Whenever I use the Razr and use it normally while on the charger, it doesn't charge. Every single phone I have had in the past I could use it and watch it charge as I use it. It will only charge while it is in sleep mode. And when it charges, it doesn't go at 1 percent at a time; it goes in 10 percent intervals. I had it on the charger not in sleep mode for almost an hour and a half and it didn't gain one percent. Please help!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Whenever I use the Razr and use it normally while on the charger, it doesn't charge. Every single phone I have had in the past I could use it and watch it charge as I use it. It will only charge while it is in sleep mode. And when it charges, it doesn't go at 1 percent at a time; it goes in 10 percent intervals. I had it on the charger not in sleep mode for almost an hour and a half and it didn't gain one percent. Please help!!

RAZRs only display battery levels in 10% increments by design. There are apps you can get which will allow you to see the level in 1% increments. Try Bada$$ Battery Monitor. It not only gives you the 1% increments but also shows detailed information about battery usage.

I have used my RAZR while charging almost every night and although it doesn't charge quickly it does charge. The only thing that I do that may be different from your own experience is that I am on WiFi while charging which uses less battery power than either 3G or 4G.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited: