razr maxx will not connect to pc

DeanFr

Reaction score
this is for MotoCast ...I did download it, it wanted to setup an account, I did...it kept wanting to pick files to 'wirelessly' access from my phone. I then installed it on my phone...long story short, It isn't connecting my phone USB, it's more like a wireless storage solution. But I didn't mind trying. I will call verizon or go by and visit them. If I get an answer that works, I will share.

DeanFr

Reaction score
OK...I have to swallow my pride a bit...I pulled the wrong USB cable from the wall...my wife got a new Droid Luced...Yes I am blaming the wife :) I am pretty anal, so I am ashamed to admit this fact, but in this case, this did solve my problem. Now the LG USB cable did work with my Droid 2 and therefore maybe other folks are simply using existing USB cables when appreantly this Droid Razr MAXX is MAXX'y sensitive to which USB cable is being used.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
So glad you found the problem. Who would have thought that the razzr cable could be that particular. I think I am going to keep mine hidden from my kids so they don't use it and lose it (somehitng they are very good at), especially considering we have always interchanged our phone cables without giving it a thought.

forumjunkie44

Reaction score
Don't feel bad I wasted about an hour myself. I was using my old lg dare cable lol..

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
cable 9 out of 10 times...
I got lucky, dog chewed my maxx's cable, lucky the OG droid's cable works flawless..
I think the trick is it being a moto factory cable for data to work.. Almost any will charge it..

and for the record.
I just read the entire post and that "I hate my maxx" dude...
well I'll leave it at that..:mad:

jonmc56

Reaction score
Had this same problem this evening. Turns out that my Maxx came with 2 cables, one in the Moto box, the other in the 'accessory pack' that Costco provides when you buy the phone from them. The Costco provided cord appears to be for charging only, once I switched to the cord in the Moto box, all connected without issue.

Jon

j0k3r_12

Reaction score
i to have the same problem pc won't connect to my droid razr maxx i've tried current cable, and ones from other droid phones and nothing, what now? i do have the current drivers and i'm running android 4.0.4 on phone and my pc is windows 7 (my og droid worked fine) so i doind know what the issue is

miltk

Reaction score
so here's MY problem.

i've tried 3 computers.
i've switched the maxx hd cable with a working maxx cable.
it is set as mass storage.

at first the computer was trying to start setup wizard and could not find drivers. then i thought i found the solution when i saw it was set up as debugging. i disabled that and chose mass storage. the computer then "saw" the new found device, BUT,,,,,

the maxx hd shows up as a "removable drive" and not MOT,, and under removable drive it tells me to insert a disk. in other words it is still not connecting