RAZR MAXX / Warranty

cece5702

Reaction score
Just curious to know what happens if your Maxx has a defect and it's past your 14 day return policy and you have insurance on the phone? Will Verizon shipp another MAXX? I'm sure it would be refurbished and not new? But how used up could it be since this phone wasn't released until last month?

Sent from my DROIDX

mikel61101

Reaction score
As new as it is it should be a new one sent to you... my droid 3 was that way

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
As new as it is it should be a new one sent to you... my droid 3 was that way

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Verizon told me they have an agreement with Motorola which says they will only replace units older that 14 days with refurbished units our Motorola won't honor the RTV credits. However if you have insurance and place a claim, they are required to replace with new.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:
OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Verizon told me they have an agreement with Motorola which says they will only replace units older that 14 days with refurbished units our Motorola won't honor the RTV credits. However if you have insurance and place a claim, they are required to replace with new.

I have insurance! Haven't heard a lot of news on people returning it though so overall it must be pretty decent :)

Sent from my DROIDX

jdroid80

Reaction score
With insurance you have to pay the deductible. With the warranty they'll replace for 1 year, unless you have the extended warranty.

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
With insurance you have to pay the deductible. With the warranty they'll replace for 1 year, unless you have the extended warranty.

Really? How much is the deductible on the MAXX?

Sent from my DROIDX

rexboe

Reaction score
99.00 deductable on the maxx

Wopback

Reaction score
They will send you a "like new" one. But its too new, so your replacement will likely be new anyways.

My razr (got it 11/11)needed replaced day 16. I got the replacement and called Verizon to see if it was previously registered (yes they can, they can't give you name). It was new. Do the warranty, don't do insurance....

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved Droid RAZR

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
They will send you a "like new" one. But its too new, so your replacement will likely be new anyways.

My razr (got it 11/11)needed replaced day 16. I got the replacement and called Verizon to see if it was previously registered (yes they can, they can't give you name). It was new. Do the warranty, don't do insurance....

What do you mean do the warranty and not insurance? You mean take out extra warranty on the MAXX?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
What do you mean do the warranty and not insurance? You mean take out extra warranty on the MAXX?

Sent from my DROIDX

Oh.... You mean use the warranty on the phone to get a replacement instead of insurance? If I use my insurance I'll have to pay the deductible?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
Oh.... You mean use the warranty on the phone to get a replacement instead of insurance? If I use my insurance I'll have to pay the deductible?

Sent from my DROIDX

Is there a one year warranty?

Sent from my DROIDX

msblueline

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

For one year after the purchase of the phone Verizon does warrant exchanges. So, during you first year you will do a warranty exchange on the phone with a defect.

The warranty exchange is not something you take out, it is automatic with any phone. It only works with defects. Do NOT try and use a phone dropped in the water as a warranty exchange they'll find out and charge you full price for the phone.

Recap: warranty exchange comes with any phone purchased through Verizon or authorized retailer. They will not (as far as I know) warranty exchange a used phone purchased off Ebay, Craigslist, or other non Verizon dealer). I think warranty exchange only lasts as long as the original owner has the phone.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

OP
cece5702

cece5702

Reaction score
For one year after the purchase of the phone Verizon does warrant exchanges. So, during you first year you will do a warranty exchange on the phone with a defect.

The warranty exchange is not something you take out, it is automatic with any phone. It only works with defects. Do NOT try and use a phone dropped in the water as a warranty exchange they'll find out and charge you full price for the phone.

Recap: warranty exchange comes with any phone purchased through Verizon or authorized retailer. They will not (as far as I know) warranty exchange a used phone purchased off Ebay, Craigslist, or other non Verizon dealer). I think warranty exchange only lasts as long as the original owner has the phone.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums

Ok thanks! My phone is being delivered tomorrow I just wanted to know about this just in case it happens like in the past!

Sent from my DROIDX

Wopback

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

Correct.....

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

There is 1 easy way to know if the replacement is new or refurbished. New ones come in a fedex box with the actual motorola black box inside with the slip package and with all the assessories. Replacements which are refurbished come in the fedex box without a seperate box inside. Instead that has got a cardboard sleeve with a plastic sleeve laminated on top and the phone slips inside the plastic sleeve and all you get is the phone.

I wonder if while refurbishing the phone motorola actually changes the ESN so all phones that you receive whether new or refurbished will show as never having been registered.

Last edited: