RAZR MAXX Gone Wild!

stm

Reaction score
My wife and I got MAXXs last month during the BOGO deal Verizon was offering. Love these phones! My wife had a BlackBerry before the MAXX, and is very happy with her new phone. Until last night...

After getting off the phone with her mother, her phone went wild. Without touching any the screen, it dialed my phone twice. Then I watched as the display flickered between the different launcher screens. The phone seemed possessed!

The screen wasn't very dirty, but I cleaned it off anyway. Turned it off and back on. The demonic behavior seemed to stop and hasn't returned. I don't know if it was skin oils on the screen, static electricity from my wife's hand, or what. I'm just glad it stopped. I've never seen anything like that before.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Is the phone defective? Or do I need to call a priest?

stm

cece5702

Reaction score
My wife and I got MAXXs last month during the BOGO deal Verizon was offering. Love these phones! My wife had a BlackBerry before the MAXX, and is very happy with her new phone. Until last night...

After getting off the phone with her mother, her phone went wild. Without touching any the screen, it dialed my phone twice. Then I watched as the display flickered between the different launcher screens. The phone seemed possessed!

The screen wasn't very dirty, but I cleaned it off anyway. Turned it off and back on. The demonic behavior seemed to stop and hasn't returned. I don't know if it was skin oils on the screen, static electricity from my wife's hand, or what. I'm just glad it stopped. I've never seen anything like that before.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Is the phone defective? Or do I need to call a priest?

stm

LOL! I don't mean to laugh. Wow! That has never happened and I've never heard of this happening. Glad to hear it's back working for you

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX

OP
stm

stm

Reaction score
Go ahead and laugh! It made me laugh. I've used touchscreen devices for quite a while and I've never seen anything like it either. I wonder if it was static electricity or something else that simulated a finger touching the screen intermittently. There has to be an explanation.

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I noticed something very odd a few days ago. I picked up my phone and tried unlocking it with the pattern screen. The first 4 times I tried, it would not register properly and kept giving the wrong pattern. Only happened the one time and I certainly hope it was a glitch.

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!

stm

It might be a little too soon for a priest. Wait for it to do 360s... I have seen something like this when magnets were woven into some jewelry with a previous phone it was connecting and disconnecting to the car dock screen. Even tho we figured that one out & this isn't the same... it could still have to do with some metals in jewelry.

OP
stm

stm

Reaction score
It might be a little too soon for a priest. Wait for it to do 360s... I have seen something like this when magnets were woven into some jewelry with a previous phone it was connecting and disconnecting to the car dock screen. Even tho we figured that one out & this isn't the same... it could still have to do with some metals in jewelry.

That actually makes sense. Except my wife doesn't wear any jewelry at all. (Lucky for me!) I'm thinking it has to be something like that, though. Something that gives off an electromagnetic field like your finger would.

Thanks for the idea, though. I'm still trying to figure out how the little rubber-tipped stylus works for these touchscreens.

stm

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Styluses work fine. Have several that I use with my iPad. The best I've found are not the rubber tip versions but ones that use a conductive fabric tip. Have several from iFaraday.com. (Not affiliated with the manufacturer but very happy with his products and customer service. Good guy.)

OP
stm

stm

Reaction score
Styluses work fine. Have several that I use with my iPad. The best I've found are not the rubber tip versions but ones that use a conductive fabric tip. Have several from iFaraday.com. (Not affiliated with the manufacturer but very happy with his products and customer service. Good guy.)

Thanks. I'll have to check that out. The rubber tips get kinda sticky sometimes. I have had one of the rubber tipped ones for a while, just don't understand how it interacts withe the screen to simulate a finger press.

shroyede

Reaction score
stay away from magnets

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

moset

Reaction score
I had a similar incident with my Droid 1 way back. It was a defective digitizer. The guy at tech support said it might have been related to the screen protector that I had recurrently removed.
That was never confirmed and in fact disputed by others but it started just after removal. The phone had to be replaced.
I never put another screen protector on. No scratches even now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
The only time I have ever experienced that is when I forgot my hat. Don't forget yours! tin foil hat.jpg

Nelsonc

Reaction score
I have a droid x and I have had that problem a few times. I just reset the phone and its fine. Seems to be a glitch. Or when the screen gets wet

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Q

qoncept

I'll bet that either the phone was plugged in to a crappy charger or (more likely) there was a small bit of sweat from her finger or ear or maybe wet hair that got on the screen. If I get a single rain drop on the screen of my X2 it becomes unresponsive and does random things, even after wiping it off. Locking and unlocking after it's tried off fix it.

tyuan

Reaction score
Not sure if it is what you were seeing, but I am trying to identify charging/tethering issue's. One situation I had a third party charger plugged into my Maxx and the unlock screen went wonkers and after finally unlocking the screen it started to make an outgoing call to a contact that I most recently dialed.