razr maxx screen is non respensive/stuck on the unlock screen! help?

fylicity

Reaction score
a week ago i tried to unlock my phone but it is stuck on the unlock screen. i'm able to get calls and txts/i can see incoming calls, but when i try to answer it wont let me.

every now and then the screen will unlock half way but then goes back to being locked. could this be because cricket flashed my phone wrong? HOW DO I FIX MY PHONE??? :( :( :( :(

now the buttons at the bottom won't light up... the home screen is out and i'm sure the others will stop lighting up soon....

could it be a wire came loose? is this the sensor that is not working?
also, i cant take it to verizon to have them fix it because i dont have a contract through them

i even tried to do the factory reset but that did not work! all it did was delete all the stuff on my phone and the touchscreen is still not responsive

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you taken it back to cricket? Did it start having issues after it was flashed or before?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
fylicity said:
a week ago i tried to unlock my phone but it is stuck on the unlock screen. i'm able to get calls and txts/i can see incoming calls, but when i try to answer it wont let me.

every now and then the screen will unlock half way but then goes back to being locked. could this be because cricket flashed my phone wrong? HOW DO I FIX MY PHONE??? :( :( :( :(

now the buttons at the bottom won't light up... the home screen is out and i'm sure the others will stop lighting up soon....

could it be a wire came loose? is this the sensor that is not working?
also, i cant take it to verizon to have them fix it because i dont have a contract through them

i even tried to do the factory reset but that did not work! all it did was delete all the stuff on my phone and the touchscreen is still not responsive

I've seen these phones on cricket. Man, you wanna talk about unstable, glitchy and bug infested. Not trying to insult anybody but..... if i receive a call, I want to see the entire screen showing the call while the ringtone plays, not the top half and then I have to guess where the answer area is.

Bring it back to cricket. These phones don't do well on their network. When they get flashed, they become highly unstable.

Argue if you want, I've personally seen 5 razrs crash on cricket. Idk what they do to em, but they become a pile of junk.

Of course your opinion and results may vary. Good luck :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
F

fylicity

Reaction score
I've seen these phones on cricket. Man, you wanna talk about unstable, glitchy and bug infested. Not trying to insult anybody but..... if i receive a call, I want to see the entire screen showing the call while the ringtone plays, not the top half and then I have to guess where the answer area is.

Bring it back to cricket. These phones don't do well on their network. When they get flashed, they become highly unstable.

Argue if you want, I've personally seen 5 razrs crash on cricket. Idk what they do to em, but they become a pile of junk.

Of course your opinion and results may vary. Good luck :)

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

oh wow! thx! what do i do if they refuse to fix my phone? will they do it even though i've done a reset on it?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
fylicity said:
oh wow! thx! what do i do if they refuse to fix my phone? will they do it even though i've done a reset on it?

Doing a reset won't affect the flash they put on it. I'd tell them to make it work or you're going elsewhere. The problem is that cricket won't really care. Your a month to month, they don't even help the banks if someone fraudulently purchases equipment and service with them using stolen debit card numbers.... ask me how I know.....>:-[

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
F

fylicity

Reaction score
Doing a reset won't affect the flash they put on it. I'd tell them to make it work or you're going elsewhere. The problem is that cricket won't really care. Your a month to month, they don't even help the banks if someone fraudulently purchases equipment and service with them using stolen debit card numbers.... ask me how I know.....>:-[

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

cricket is going to do nothing to help me... so how do i get this flash off of my damn phone? and will that fix it??? :( thx!! <3

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
fylicity said:
cricket is going to do nothing to help me... so how do i get this flash off of my damn phone? and will that fix it??? :( thx!! <3

I can't help you on this, because I just don't know.

I do know that someone here can help you.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
F

fylicity

Reaction score
i broght my phone to them and they told me it was teh digitizer that went out on my scren?? how?? its never been in water, not even the rain! never droped! im never ough with it... i take veeeery good care of my phone! :(

phones are beeing cheply made now a days!!!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can almost guarantee its not the digitizer. It was more than likely their flashing that made it unstable. Tough to prove though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
fylicity said:
i broght my phone to them and they told me it was teh digitizer that went out on my scren?? how?? its never been in water, not even the rain! never droped! im never ough with it... i take veeeery good care of my phone! :(

phones are beeing cheply made now a days!!!

I'm with DROIDXer on this. Its their flash. That's not the digitizer.

Go on YouTube and search for Motorola razr on cricket. Watch the video. See how glitchy the phone is?? Notice that areas of the screen are blank, yet it accepts his touch as if the "button" was there.... that's not at all how this phone works.

I know this doesn't help... idk of a way to help you at this point.

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!