Droid RAZR screen broken

xlr83r

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the forum so please don't blame me if i do anything wrong, or if this post is in the wrong section...

I bought a RAZR a few months ago, before i knew the Maxx was coming out, and except for the battery life I've loved this phone.
Problem is, I was picking up suitcases the other day and managed to lean the edge of the suitcase on my pocket, which my phone was in. Now I've got a crack on the interior screen, but the glass isn't shattered.

So I was wondering if anyone here has messed up their screen in a similar way and knows a place where I can mail in my phone to get the screen fixed? Anywhere in the US should be fine. I'd do it myself, but I haven't got the time or resources, and where I live service would be unbelievably expensive. I got a quote for fixing my phone and they were about to charge me almost half the price of the phone itself.

And another side note, my phone has been bought from outside the US and is unlocked, no Verizon branding on it or anything, but i hope that shouldn;t be a problem?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help I could get, I would really appreciate it.

Zee

SallyC

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm new to the forum so please don't blame me if i do anything wrong, or if this post is in the wrong section...

I bought a RAZR a few months ago, before i knew the Maxx was coming out, and except for the battery life I've loved this phone.
Problem is, I was picking up suitcases the other day and managed to lean the edge of the suitcase on my pocket, which my phone was in. Now I've got a crack on the interior screen, but the glass isn't shattered.

So I was wondering if anyone here has messed up their screen in a similar way and knows a place where I can mail in my phone to get the screen fixed? Anywhere in the US should be fine. I'd do it myself, but I haven't got the time or resources, and where I live service would be unbelievably expensive. I got a quote for fixing my phone and they were about to charge me almost half the price of the phone itself.

And another side note, my phone has been bought from outside the US and is unlocked, no Verizon branding on it or anything, but i hope that shouldn;t be a problem?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help I could get, I would really appreciate it.

Zee

If it were me, I'd send it to Motorola for repair. Here's a link with more info on how to do that.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hello and welcome to the forum! Sorry to hear about your screen. I agree with SallyC, send it to moto for repair. :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

dancrouse

Reaction score
Motorola can be Maddening!!

If it were me, I'd send it to Motorola for repair. Here's a link with more info on how to do that.

Make absolutely sure that, if you send your phone back to Motorola, you send it using a verifiable, trackable method. I did not (USPS Priority Mail), they lost my phone, and continued to beat me over the head with the fact I didn't have a tracking number to "prove" to them that they received the phone. On top of that, the initial RMA# they gave me "failed." Who knows what that means, but the bottom line is when my phone arrived, they tried to log it in, but could find no "valid" RMA#. After several calls, they finally gave me a new RMA#, but then it took them 2 days to re-locate my phone. Now I'm just waiting, waiting, waiting. Their service personnel (both Chat and via phone) know very little, and only repeat what you can find online. A very, very, unpleasant experience so far. I only hope they can actually repair my broken screen. As of now, I've been without my phone for 10 days, and counting...