Droid RAZR Black Screen- Please help!

mb2222

Reaction score
I have been looking up info for days to try and find a solution for my problem. Please if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!! I know this is long.. I just wanted to give all of the info so it would be easiest to understand Thanks!

I have had my Droid RAZR for over a year. Last December the screen cracked but everything worked fine. Over the past couple of months it has been acting a little slow and has froze a couple times.
On Saturday I dropped it (not too hard) and everything was fine. A few hours later I was updating some apps. When I came back to the phone it was black. So I am not sure if it turned black from the fall or the updating.

I am still receiving texts and phone calls/ my alarm goes off/ the green light flashes/ and the bottom keys light up white. Nothing happens when I press the screen.

I have tried the power + volume down trick many times and it hasn't come on at all. I can tell that the phone is resetting when I do that because the bottom lights light up when I initially press the buttons and then go off after about 15 or 20 seconds.

I've also tried different chargers and outlets.

I've accepted that there is nothing I can do right now to fix it.

I am not worried about getting a new phone.
I just want to see if there is any way possible that I can recover pictures that are stored in the internal memory.
There was not enough space on my SD card to hold them and I was stupid enough to not back them up earlier.

I have already tried plugging my phone into the usb on my computer. But I cannot access my info because I am unable to unlock my phone/ do anything on the screen. I also know that the pictures are not on Backup Assistant.

I have been looking up info on replacing the screen/lcd screen/ digitizer.

Bottom line my question is... will replacing the screens fix my phone or is it gone for good? Is there any other way for me to get my pictures that are on my internal memory?

I know this doesn't sound very important and it is my own fault for not backing up all of my media earlier.. but what I have lost means a lot to me and I just need to know if there is any possible way to make it work or if I should stop trying and know that I did all that I can do.

Thank you so much.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Have you tried the hdmi mirror to your tv? Don't know if it works without having to unlock the screen, but may be with the shot.

Otherwise, I don't know short of paying someone that can retrieve these for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
If your phone still operates, then it sounds like a screen/digitizer issue as you said. There is no guarantee but it sounds like it should work if you get the screen fixed.

Sent from my Droid Razr HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2