Razr not responding

misfyre

Reaction score
The screen is black, I have the green notification light flashing, when I press the power button nothing happens, when I hold the power button the phone doesn't turn off.

OP
M

misfyre

Reaction score
I have a razr from alltel and the screen doesn't work.

The screen works, otherwise it would turn off if I held the power button, im concerned it's the power button itself but it depresses all the way..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Trying holding down the power button and volume down button simultaneously and see what happens. It should reboot the phone.

Report back

Sent from Droid RAZR

lgimas

Reaction score
Same Issue

i did the reset, power button and down volume and it did turn on but my power button does not seem right.

IrishATC

Reaction score
Droid Razr Max HD Not Responding after going into standby mode

I recently returned from overseas and my Droid Max HD did a 50 Mb update, since then, sometimes the phone goes into standby mode (black screen) and refuses to turn back on unless you do a Soft Reset (press and holding the power and volume control). Verizon Tech support had me try a Factory Reset today (10-18-2013), which did not solve the problem.

Again this problem only developed after the phone download version 4.1.2. If anyone has a fix for this I would love to know what it is. Verizon is wanting to send me a refurbished phone:angry: (the last time they had to send me 4 phones, the last one was a new one before I got one that worked right).

Thanks

IrishATC

Reaction score
I received my replacement Droid Razr Max HD this afternoon and the camera on the new replacement phone was defective, it only takes fuzzy looking photos, so I had to re-activate my Droid Razr Max HD that has the not responding issue again.

I posted the original issue three days ago, and no replies or suggestions for a fix, most forums you usually receive a quick reply, but this is disappointing.

BBraithw

Reaction score
BSOD on a new RAZR MAXX HD! Regret upgrading only for the useful battery life. Every month or so; random; no known association with apps. It happened the last time at an extremely critical moment when my wife could not reach me because in this state calls do not come through and are sent directly to voice mail. The most difficult part is that it just sits there and blinks its green eye at me and will not respond to the reboot request (down volume and power for 10 secs). If I keep trying, sometimes for an hour, eventually it will look up from whatever loop it is in and notice. I contacted Verizon device support on this and they walked me through a factory default reset. What a pain, having to redo everything. However, even with only the minimal number of apps that I require for survival in this connected world it happened again. This device is not reliable enough to depend on! Extremely frustrating, to the point that I am looking for an alternative before my 2 years is up. Anyone have experience with the new Samsung Galaxy?

IrishATC

Reaction score
My wife has the Galaxy 4 and loves it, the only complaint she has is the battery life, she has to recharge it everyday. My daughter's boyfriend has the Galaxy Note 2 and he absolutely loves it because of the screen size and everything that it can do. I will say had the Galaxy 4 been out when I was looking to upgrade I would had purchased it over the Droid Max HD which after today I will be on my third one, two have had defects and I'm just about at the point of raising hell in the Verizon store and try to make them give me a new phone.

BBraithw

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with recharging every night - I use the phone as a bedside clock and alarm. What I couldn't tolerate with the last DROID (Bionic) was running out of juice in the middle of a day! Take an hour drive with the GPS running on that baby and the battery ran down to zero just as you got to the hard navigating to your destination. Time to switch, I think!

willie321

Reaction score
I am waiting on a warranty replacement for my Razr Maxx. I have had all the issues mentioned as above. Went to Verizon store and asked for exchange. No issues. The guy told me it's a known 4.1.2 issue (for what it's worth) from him. Yes I'm crossing my fingers that it won't take three or four tries to get a phone that "really" works...