Razr Maxx, round four. FIGHT!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Did you even notice the other new features of the razr maxx? It isn't just a bigger battery. There's the internal storage size too. I guess that will be defective in your phone now too? I wonder how many people are gonna laugh at Verizon.. I wish I could hear that call... :D

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

Wrong, the internal storage is exactly the same. Proof below shows they are the SAME PHONE, other than the battery and back cover. From Verizon's website;

DROID RAZR MAXX by Motorola DROID RAZR by Motorola 32GB
Key Features

Full Retail Price$649.99$649.99
OSAndroidAndroid
Style Touchscreen, Virtual QWERTY Touchscreen, Virtual QWERTY
Camera 8.0 MP Rear and 1.3 MP Front Facing 8.0 MP Rear and 1.3 MP Front Facing
Memory 16GB Pre-Installed / 16GB internal
16GB Pre-Installed / 16GB internal
Standby Time* up to 379 hours up to 204 hours
Usage Time* up to 1290 minutes up to 750 minutes
4G Technology

Yes Yes
Built-In FM Radio

No No
Email

Yes Yes
HTML Web Browser

Yes Yes
Mobile Hotspot

Yes Yes
QWERTY Keyboard

No No
Wi-Fi

Yes Yes

Services

ESPN MVP

No No
Family Locator

No No
Mobile Broadband Capable

Yes Yes
Mobile Recovery

No No
V CAST Music with Rhapsody

No No
V CAST Videos

No No
VZ Navigator

Yes Yes
Visual Voice Mail

Yes Yes

Media & Apps

Facebook

Yes Yes
MySpace

Yes Yes
Skype Mobile

No No
Twitter

Yes Yes
YouTube

Yes Yes

Device Features

Weight 5.1 oz 4.48 oz
Battery Lithium Ion (3300mAh) Standard Lithium Ion (1780mAh)
Size 5.15H x 2.71W x 0.35D 5.15H x 2.71W x 0.28D
Global Ready

No No
Music Player

Yes Yes
Push to Talk

No No
Removable Memory

Yes Yes
Speakerphone

Yes Yes
Voice Dialing

Yes Yes

Zandar

Reaction score
No VCAST Music? I'm taking this POS back to the store and demanding my money back!

SallyC

Reaction score
It's is obvious that the great consensus doesn't agree with you. I have had the RAZR since early November and I've been quite pleased with it. I use it all day long, both for business and pleasure. I do video chatting with Tango on WIFI and 4G, I stream audio at close to 1MB/sec while driving to and from work for over a half-hour each way, I play games, surf the web, watch videos, communicate with my family via phone and Tikl, use email for 4 separate email accounts that sync in the background, have Facebook, LinkedIN, Twitter, Craigslist, eBay, Yahoo email and Amazon App Store with free app alert all updating throughout the day, I run quite a number of background apps to keep my self updated through the day including news, weather (a clock/weather widget), I communicate on this forum when I'm not on the desktop PC, and I text with TextFree over 4G or 3G when out and about. I have not been disappointed in the least with the battery performance.

Have I had it run down low at a time or two - well...YEAH, but GEEZ, I am putting this through paces that NONE of my earlier phones even came close to doing. I have over 200 apps installed, I run GPS in the car to navigate and for Motorola Car Finder, I have Smart Actions set up to change my features throughout the day, and run Verizon WIFI Auto On to turn WIFI on and off depending on where I am, and then the Smart Actions turn on or off Cellular Data when I have a WIFI connection.

Would I LOVE to have DOUBLE the battery power, well again...YEAH, but I am very happy with the tradeoff of a thinner phone with the kind of battery power I'm getting out of this one now. Your justification for replacing the phone at Verizon's or Motorola's cost (which by the way eventually trickles down to you and I) is troublesome and bordering on vexatious. For the sake of the masses, I hope they don't replace the phone for you at their cost. If you want the newer phone, you should have to pay just like the rest of us.

Man, is there anything you don't do with your RAZR????

Just asking... :p

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yes it wont make me a dang cup of coffie

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

You mean there's not an app for that? :icon_eek: Well I do have one that pours me a beer and burps for me!

Zandar

Reaction score
Yes it wont make me a dang cup of coffie

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
Actually, with the whole Android@home craziness, you can get an X10 compatible coffee maker and control it with your Android with an app like DroidSeer X10. You can brew coffee, control lights, tap into your security system, set your thermostat, etc.

dancedroid Droid does brew coffee. dancedroid

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually, with the whole Android@home craziness, you can get an X10 compatible coffee maker and control it with your Android with an app like DroidSeer X10. You can brew coffee, control lights, tap into your security system, set your thermostat, etc.

I wonder if you could figure out a way to get one of those crazy vaccum cleaner robots to run on Android commands... then (with the right machinery and ingenuity) you could use your RAZR to have the little robot bring you the coffee too! You can be like Doc Brown in Back to the Future and setup crazy ways to have stuff automated via your Droid RAZR!

Zandar

Reaction score
I wonder if you could figure out a way to get one of those crazy vaccum cleaner robots to run on Android commands... then (with the right machinery and ingenuity) you could use your RAZR to have the little robot bring you the coffee too! You can be like Doc Brown in Back to the Future and setup crazy ways to have stuff automated via your Droid RAZR!
Why use a Roomba when you can use this?
Amazon.com: Parrot AR.Drone Quadricopter Controlled by iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, and Android Devices (Orange/Green): MP3 Players & Accessories

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I've gone a few rounds with Verizon over trying to get the Razr swopped for the Maxx. Needless to say, they aren't budging. My argument is basically we purchased a defective phone. Moto knew the battery was light and so has released the bigger one but we're stuck in contract. Verizon says, yep! We sold you the phone and can't take it back past 14 days. We didn't know the Maxx was coming out so it's Moto's fault not Verizon.

They also said they haven't gotten calls from people about this issue. I find that odd but I wanted to encourage people to do so. Specifically, I spoke to Tamika at 813-290-6000 ext. 3822. I suggest people call her and ask why Verizon is stabbing its customers in the back.

Verizon knew about the Maxx by at least mid-December - when people could have exchanged their phones. They chose to hold this knowledge and continue selling the defective Razr leaving their customers in the dust.

5 hours, 43 minutes on battery, 80% remaining charge...yeah, I guess it's defective. :blink:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

Damn, I need to jump on that X10 train. I could see myself being totally geeked out on that drug.

dancedroid Droid does laundry too! dancedroid

djspy

Reaction score
I dont see how my phone is defective while getting 12-16 hours a day with out plugging it in(and im not talking about OMG it's dead! plugging it in either). ??? Did i miss something? am i supposed to get like 3 days out of battery or something? Please confirm this so I can join in the fight.