Razr Maxx, round four. FIGHT!

armus

Reaction score
I've gone a few rounds with Verizon over trying to get the Razr swopped for the Maxx. Needless to say, they aren't budging. My argument is basically we purchased a defective phone. Moto knew the battery was light and so has released the bigger one but we're stuck in contract. Verizon says, yep! We sold you the phone and can't take it back past 14 days. We didn't know the Maxx was coming out so it's Moto's fault not Verizon.

They also said they haven't gotten calls from people about this issue. I find that odd but I wanted to encourage people to do so. Specifically, I spoke to Tamika at 813-290-6000 ext. 3822. I suggest people call her and ask why Verizon is stabbing its customers in the back.

Verizon knew about the Maxx by at least mid-December - when people could have exchanged their phones. They chose to hold this knowledge and continue selling the defective Razr leaving their customers in the dust.

Hail

Reaction score
Just got my Maxx and exchanged the Razr on the 16th a day after it was supposed to be returned ..... battery is sweet so far ...

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using DroidForums

razortaz18

Reaction score
Sounds like someone just wants "the new phone". You bought the Razr knowing what size the battery was. Just buy an extended battery. Oh wait. :) When the first Android 5.0 phone comes out, I'm telling Verizon I want it because 4.0 is defective.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Zandar

Reaction score
I purchased my RAZR knowing it had very competitive battery life out of the box. It's tested better than the Rezound and Galaxy Nexus, not to mention the Thunderbolt. Why would we say that it was a back-stabbing pack of lies when Motorola managed to make a highly competitive battery in a form thinner than those it beat out in battery life? Should Maxx owners call up and complain that their phone is too thick? GNex/Rezound/T-Bolt owners that their battery life is an insult?

This is ridiculous. You knew the phone and the terms when you bought it. If you don't want to be jealous of a new handset coming out, either wait to purchase or don't read tech news after you do purchase. Or you could, you know, be realistic about things and not so entitled. No one ripped you off.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
There are no where near as many complaints about battery life here, as there are in the GNex forum. So if you're trying to make the argument that the RAZR's battery is defective, what 4G phone is it defective when compared to?

OP
A

armus

Reaction score
gee, if there wasn't a problem, then why would they release one with a larger battery? Just trying surfing or playing a game or actually using the phone for more than two hours - oh wait, half the nay-sayers above admitted they don't own Razrs. Why do you nexus people troll our forum anyway?

Zandar

Reaction score
gee, if there wasn't a problem, then why would they release one with a larger battery? Just trying surfing or playing a game or actually using the phone for more than two hours - oh wait, half the nay-sayers above admitted they don't own Razrs. Why do you nexus people troll our forum anyway?
Did they discontinue the first one? Does the OG DRAZR no longer have the best battery of a 4G phone, apart from the Maxx?

It's OK to admit when you're wrong. In fact, it might even make you a better person.

razortaz18

Reaction score

For the same reason Apple released the iPh*ne 4S. To make more money. There was nothing "wrong" with the iPh*ne 4. The Droid Razr is OLD news. :) It's been out for almost two months now. They need to continue sales.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

debrad0307

Reaction score
All I can say is.. WOW. Why must people b!tch about their phones SO much. If you don't like the phone you shouldn't have bought it. It's not Motorola's or Verizon's fault that YOU bought your razr without researching it first. Don't blame others because you are an impulsive shopper.. btw I am diggin that razr (even though I don't have one). I have an upgrade saved for whatever device I see fit next.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

iguanad

Reaction score
Smaller thinner battery doesn't mean it is defective. Still way better than my Droid 2 Global.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

debrad0307

Reaction score

Did you even notice the other new features of the razr maxx? It isn't just a bigger battery. There's the internal storage size too. I guess that will be defective in your phone now too? I wonder how many people are gonna laugh at Verizon.. I wish I could hear that call... :D

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

It's is obvious that the great consensus doesn't agree with you. I have had the RAZR since early November and I've been quite pleased with it. I use it all day long, both for business and pleasure. I do video chatting with Tango on WIFI and 4G, I stream audio at close to 1MB/sec while driving to and from work for over a half-hour each way, I play games, surf the web, watch videos, communicate with my family via phone and Tikl, use email for 4 separate email accounts that sync in the background, have Facebook, LinkedIN, Twitter, Craigslist, eBay, Yahoo email and Amazon App Store with free app alert all updating throughout the day, I run quite a number of background apps to keep my self updated through the day including news, weather (a clock/weather widget), I communicate on this forum when I'm not on the desktop PC, and I text with TextFree over 4G or 3G when out and about. I have not been disappointed in the least with the battery performance.

Have I had it run down low at a time or two - well...YEAH, but GEEZ, I am putting this through paces that NONE of my earlier phones even came close to doing. I have over 200 apps installed, I run GPS in the car to navigate and for Motorola Car Finder, I have Smart Actions set up to change my features throughout the day, and run Verizon WIFI Auto On to turn WIFI on and off depending on where I am, and then the Smart Actions turn on or off Cellular Data when I have a WIFI connection.

Would I LOVE to have DOUBLE the battery power, well again...YEAH, but I am very happy with the tradeoff of a thinner phone with the kind of battery power I'm getting out of this one now. Your justification for replacing the phone at Verizon's or Motorola's cost (which by the way eventually trickles down to you and I) is troublesome and bordering on vexatious. For the sake of the masses, I hope they don't replace the phone for you at their cost. If you want the newer phone, you should have to pay just like the rest of us.