Razr MAXX for $199 ($100 off)

Syraz

Reaction score
$229 for upgrade on family plan..not bad. but as said in another post if it wasnt for that locked bootloader.. I would be all over this phone

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
Its only if you want to start a new account, i wish it could be for a upgrade:frown:

msblueline

Reaction score
FYI, for people who can wait a few days, Amazon has the Razr MAXX for $199:

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX 4G Phone (Verizon Wireless): Cell Phones & Accessories

Hope that helps someone :)

I looked at it and it says prices vary based on service plan.

Makes me think it is $100 off for someone who is new. Yep, the price of the phone for an upgrade is $229.99 which is still better than $299.99. Atleast on Amazon they can save $70.00.

Only down fall to that is if something happens you have to return it to Amazon.

msblueline

msblueline

Reaction score
I just don't like the idea of not being able to walk in a store and geting taken care of. Having to go through a second source in hopes they get it right the first time.

msblueline

robert70

Reaction score
It doesn't matter where you buy the Phone at, you are under contract with big red and the phone is activated through them, they WILL take care of you, Amazons only requirement is that you have your contract more than six months or they will charge you full price for the phone. I never buy from big red if I can help it, there are always cheaper places.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

nikecar

Reaction score
Yes, if you don't like the phone or need to return it, it goes via amazon, if you need warranty, you go through VZW.

If the price is right, I'd get my next one from them.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

msblueline

Reaction score
Yes, if you don't like the phone or need to return it, it goes via amazon, if you need warranty, you go through VZW.

If the price is right, I'd get my next one from them.

Sent from someplace, and with something that you need not worry about.

I actually think Verizon will not touch a phone from somewhere else until their warranty has run out (i.e.: Amazon will replace the phone during the first 15 or 30 days (contract trial period). After the contract is locked into play Verizon will step up to bat.)

Going to Amazon would be just like going to an "authorized retailer." We have one that just opened here and if I buy from them, I have to go back to them during the 15 or 30 day period. Verizon will not touch the phone. After the 15 or 30 days I can go to Verizon for waranty exchange.

msblueline

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
YMMV but my local Best Buy will match Amazon prices. Bad part is they aren't stocking the Maxx as of yet. Hopefully soon though.

Tap'd from my G'Nex

pego99

Reaction score
It doesn't matter where you buy the Phone at, you are under contract with big red and the phone is activated through them, they WILL take care of you, Amazons only requirement is that you have your contract more than six months or they will charge you full price for the phone. I never buy from big red if I can help it, there are always cheaper places.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Not true during the return period 14 or 30 days it must go back to amazon verizon will not help you but after the return period up to a year verizon will exchange detectives for refurbs not new.