Razr Maxx Drops WIFI after 30 min of NO activity

cleave

Reaction score
The only other thing i could suggest is to get a new sim card. Verizon should give you another one. If that doesn't work, i would ask for a new Maxx.
Sorry about that :(

cleave

Reaction score
...one other thing you can try, is to name sure there are no Smart Actions set. Open the "smart actions" app and see if anything is set.

OP
D

DaK0620

Reaction score
Just rebooted the router see what happens.

Have been talking with tech support as well. Starting my next 30 minute time out session.

OP
D

DaK0620

Reaction score
Okay, been 40 minutes, still have the wifi connection.

Thanks again for the assist.

OP
D

DaK0620

Reaction score
This time it disconnected at 45 minutes but think the extra time was due an incoming text.

Spent 45 minutes on the phone with verizonwireless. The dude probably got tired of me and finally goes, "I found the problem. This is a known problem is supposed to be fixed with a new software push that is due out the end of this month."

We shall see.

Thanks again for the assist. At least now the software is up to date and all smar actions are OFF.

DaK

cleave

Reaction score
DaK0620 said:
This time it disconnected at 45 minutes but think the extra time was due an incoming text.

Spent 45 minutes on the phone with verizonwireless. The dude probably got tired of me and finally goes, "I found the problem. This is a known problem is supposed to be fixed with a new software push that is due out the end of this month."

We shall see.

Thanks again for the assist. At least now the software is up to date and all smar actions are OFF.

DaK

If i were you I'd take it back into the store and ask for another one (since you just purchased it). Just tell them it doesn't stay connected to wifi. They should should replace it no problem. You didn't pay for a phone that only stays connected to wifi for 30 minutes.

I have actually heard that this is a software issue, but I'm not convinced it is. However, i wouldn't hold my breath for an update. I tHink that if you get a different phone, you will not have that problem. Many people are staying connected to the wifi just fine.

Glad i could help. Keep me updated on your progress. Fyi, this is an AWESOME phone when everything is working perfectly :)

OP
D

DaK0620

Reaction score
Cleave,

I have been thinking about that myself. Chatted with some people at work that have the .211 software and have not had a problem since day one. Was telling my wife last night, "Think the rep just told me that so I'd stop naggin at him".

Will drive into town this afternoon and see about getting it swapped out.

THanks again for the assist.

OP
D

DaK0620

Reaction score
Rep at the verizon store couldn't find anything wrong with the phone. While there the phone stayed attached to a local eateries wifi the entire time without a hitch, over and hr. Tech at the store said the samething, "Jelly is coming out soon and that may fix this as we and motarola are aware of the problem". Came home wifi was dumped after 30 min.

Move forward a couple of days.

Moving into a new house and for the area in which it is located a new ISP, Verizon. Once connected to the wifi, two hrs no drop. Will retest today. The signal strength, according to the APP I have, was about the same as the old houses so that is not the issue. THe issue has to be something with the way ATT (no rocks please, not my fault, we are locallity designated with these things) or I am set up with the wifi.

For, now this appears to be corrected for whatever reason.

cleave

Reaction score
DaK0620 said:
Rep at the verizon store couldn't find anything wrong with the phone. While there the phone stayed attached to a local eateries wifi the entire time without a hitch, over and hr. Tech at the store said the samething, "Jelly is coming out soon and that may fix this as we and motarola are aware of the problem". Came home wifi was dumped after 30 min.

Move forward a couple of days.

Moving into a new house and for the area in which it is located a new ISP, Verizon. Once connected to the wifi, two hrs no drop. Will retest today. The signal strength, according to the APP I have, was about the same as the old houses so that is not the issue. THe issue has to be something with the way ATT (no rocks please, not my fault, we are locallity designated with these things) or I am set up with the wifi.

For, now this appears to be corrected for whatever reason.

Wow! Well at least you appear to have cured your problem. By any chance did you happen to change routers with your new ISP? I have actually heard that certain routers could cause a glitch with the wifi on certain phones. Either way at least it doesn't appear to be a problem with your phone. I never would of thought of suggesting you move to another location (lol!). I'm glad you got it all worked out :)

OP
D

DaK0620

Reaction score
cleave said:
Wow! Well at least you appear to have cured your problem. By any chance did you happen to change routers with your new ISP? I have actually heard that certain routers could cause a glitch with the wifi on certain phones. Either way at least it doesn't appear to be a problem with your phone. I never would of thought of suggesting you move to another location (lol!). I'm glad you got it all worked out :)

Got a new router with Verizon. Maybe in the future this will help someone else.

slsmag

Reaction score
change your router setting to 'fixed' G or N - not mixed b/g

I was unable to get my Razr-M to hold a WiFi connection with my old B/G router.
Changed the setting on the router to 'G Only' and now I've got a perfect, consistent, strong connection.

Go figger...

It appears that Motorola Razr series WiFi software doesn't handle 'mixed b/g' routers well (don't know about mixed b/g/n).