Razr MAXX 4.1.2 stock apps

prudenvm

Reaction score
I am new to rooting and made the ultimate noob mistake. I uninstalled 1 bloatware app from 4.1.2. Obviously after doing this I read more in depth and found this to be a huge mistake for the future. I know now, no need to bash or name call, but in all noob's defense...not every site tells you this, some actually act as though it's no big deal. It's usually not until this is done that we see the errors of our ways.

That being said I would like to recover the Madden NFL 12 stock apk and odex if applicable. Can someone please upload this or a link to it so I may place it back into my system/app directory. Better yet, as I couldn't find any site with stock apps for XT912 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2, can someone just upload or link to an upload of all system stock/bloatware apps as I'm sure there are plenty more like myself out there that uninstalled prior to making backup and they may have uninstalled other files. Thank you.

OP
prudenvm

prudenvm

Reaction score
Figured it out

Alright, I figured it out on my own how to restore Madden NFL 12 after root uninstalling it without backup image. For all of those noobs out there like myself it's actually a rather easy fix. Follow these intstructions to restore Madden NFL 12 or Lets Golf 2 if you've uninstalled them without making a backup of system like myself.
1. Use a root browser and go to the following:
system/preinstall/app
2. Select the file that you need restored:
com.ea.game.madden12 - Madden NFL 12
com.gameloft.android.VERIZON.GloftLG2P - Lets Golf 2
3. In the popup select "open as..."
4. In the next popup select "APK file"
Done. You will see that it once again appears in you stock app list. Whew...That's a load off! :icon_ lala:

OP
prudenvm

prudenvm

Reaction score
I've also seen multiple user requesting other APK/ODEX files that they've erroneously unistalled. This I also found an easy fix for while looking for the fix for my problem. Here is a simple list of instructions if you are on Jellybean 4.1.2 like myself:

1. Download the manual update file Blur_Version.6.1.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US - This is easily located with a google search
2. Once downloaded go to download directory and browse inside the ZIP file by double clicking it.
3. Double click the system folder.
4. Right click app folder and extract to a new folder (name of your choice).
5. Exit the ZIP file and now go to the new folder you created in the last step.
6. After this select the APK/ODEX files you may have deleted and copy them to your phone's memory stick.
7. Using a root browser on your phone select the APK/ODEX files from your memory stick and paste them into the system/app directory. For more specific details on this process there are more specific directions. IE - making the system/app directory writeable and then changing it back to read only when complete.

That should be it, POOF! Back to where you were before uninstalling. dancedroid

Wachalookn8

Reaction score
I am new to rooting and made the ultimate noob mistake. I uninstalled 1 bloatware app from 4.1.2. Obviously after doing this I read more in depth and found this to be a huge mistake for the future. I know now, no need to bash or name call, but in all noob's defense...not every site tells you this, some actually act as though it's no big deal. It's usually not until this is done that we see the errors of our ways.

That being said I would like to recover the Madden NFL 12 stock apk and odex if applicable. Can someone please upload this or a link to it so I may place it back into my system/app directory. Better yet, as I couldn't find any site with stock apps for XT912 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2, can someone just upload or link to an upload of all system stock/bloatware apps as I'm sure there are plenty more like myself out there that uninstalled prior to making backup and they may have uninstalled other files. Thank you.

OK, help me out! I recently removed Madden NFL 12 also (didn't uninstall it, froze it with Titanium backup). I'm not having any problems or anything but...what is the reason you should not have uninstalled it? I haven't heard this to be a huge mistake. Although I'm not new to rooting, I don't do any romming or theming, just tether and file management stuff. Please, fill me in!

cybertj.2000

Reaction score
Some people say you need to have original bloatware installed for the updates, as that is one of the things it checks

We are the Droid!! You will be assimilated!! Resistance is futile!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Wachalookn8

Reaction score
Some people say you need to have original bloatware installed for the updates, as that is one of the things it checks

Well don't know if that's true, but if I waited for OTA I would not be running jelly bean on my Maxx right now! Verizon still hasn't updated the Maxx in my area.

OP
prudenvm

prudenvm

Reaction score
Well don't know if that's true, but if I waited for OTA I would not be running jelly bean on my Maxx right now! Verizon still hasn't updated the Maxx in my area.

Right, but you also said you don't do any romming. Apparently if you try to install Official ROM, even manually (which like myself I'm pretty sure you did by the way your post read) and have uninstalled things from original the Install will fail during installation.

ambrown

Reaction score
GRR! This just ticks me off! :cus: Why does Verizon do this to us? We already have to put up with OEM skins, and their bloat, and other carrier shenanigans, why oh why do they torture us with more bloat? Sure I'll likely root my phone, and after the updates stop coming I'll put a custom ROM on. But it's incredibly annoying to have to live with bloatware if you want upgrades. Sure go ahead and pimp your own apps verizon, heck, you can even preinstall them on there and I wouldn't care a whole lot if you just made them deletable! Even Windows preinstalls tons of bloat, but at least you can delete it all. Yeah it's annoying there too but they do let you reclaim your system. There is no good reason to still have VZ Navigator on ANY smartphone in 2013. And that goes for a lot of other apps as well. Let users choose what they want for once!

I did just upgrade to a Razr HD but next time around I might go Nexus and bypass all the OEM and carrier nonsense.

OP
prudenvm

prudenvm

Reaction score
GRR! This just ticks me off! :cus: Why does Verizon do this to us? We already have to put up with OEM skins, and their bloat, and other carrier shenanigans, why oh why do they torture us with more bloat? Sure I'll likely root my phone, and after the updates stop coming I'll put a custom ROM on. But it's incredibly annoying to have to live with bloatware if you want upgrades. Sure go ahead and pimp your own apps verizon, heck, you can even preinstall them on there and I wouldn't care a whole lot if you just made them deletable! Even Windows preinstalls tons of bloat, but at least you can delete it all. Yeah it's annoying there too but they do let you reclaim your system. There is no good reason to still have VZ Navigator on ANY smartphone in 2013. And that goes for a lot of other apps as well. Let users choose what they want for once!

I did just upgrade to a Razr HD but next time around I might go Nexus and bypass all the OEM and carrier nonsense.

You can freeze the app. This is basically the same thing as removing as far as the phone is concerned but much easier to unfreeze an app when wanting to update OTA. Freezing the app will not clear up any physical space on the drive, but quiet frankly, since the drive is partitioned for OS only anyways that won't effect the amount of memory on the drive that you can use for your own things.

cybertj.2000

Reaction score

Since the advent of ICS, you can disable most, if not all, of the bloatware on the phone. Yes, it's still installed, but disabled it does not run or show in your apps list. So when the update comes out, it's still there.

To me, problem solved.

When no longer supported, no more updates, then delete for good or just leave disabled!!!

davey999944

Reaction score
.img?

I've also seen multiple user requesting other APK/ODEX files that they've erroneously unistalled. This I also found an easy fix for while looking for the fix for my problem. Here is a simple list of instructions if you are on Jellybean 4.1.2 like myself:

1. Download the manual update file Blur_Version.6.1.211.XT912.Verizon.en.US - This is easily located with a google search
2. Once downloaded go to download directory and browse inside the ZIP file by double clicking it.
3. Double click the system folder.
4. Right click app folder and extract to a new folder (name of your choice).
5. Exit the ZIP file and now go to the new folder you created in the last step.
6. After this select the APK/ODEX files you may have deleted and copy them to your phone's memory stick.
7. Using a root browser on your phone select the APK/ODEX files from your memory stick and paste them into the system/app directory. For more specific details on this process there are more specific directions. IE - making the system/app directory writeable and then changing it back to read only when complete.

That should be it, POOF! Back to where you were before uninstalling. dancedroid

Hi so I googled and dowloaded the file, but then when I went into the zip file, everything was an .IMG file, and I could not get into system, or anything else. Did I download the wrong thing...?

davey999944

Reaction score
When I go to system/preinstall, the only thing there is a file called lost+found, and it is empty....