Motorola RAZR Jelly Bean update issue's

Skism

Reaction score
I've had the Motorola Razr for a while now and when i first got the phone i rooted and uninstalled some bloatware through titanium backup but didn't think to make a full backup of the phone at the time! I read somewhere on this site before that all stock apps are needed to perform updates! i finally got the Jelly Bean update through this morning and tried to install it! it fails after downloading and about a quarter of the way installing the update! I fully un-rooted thinking that might have been the problem but it still it fails! Would it definitely be the fact that some of the stock apps aren't there and would a full factory reset re install them or would i have to learn all about Roms and stuff and flash a stock one to my phone to get the jelly bean update to work?

jtj121

Reaction score
Try Matts utility 1.90 that's what I used to load jelly bean on my razr after having the same issues you are having. Do a search on here or a google search for it. Hope this helps.

OP
S

Skism

Reaction score
Ill look into that and get back to you! Thank you!

OP
S

Skism

Reaction score
I looked into your matts utility and I assumed you meant droid razr utility.( don't know if that's what you meant )
i downloaded that anyway and followed the instructions along on went through with everything and once it was finished doing its thing i should have been back completely at stock! It corrupted my os and nothing was working!
I downloaded some files and flashed them through rsd lite and it seemed to fix everything and im back on android 4.0.4 with every app!
i lost all my data and everything but now at least i have a working phone and not a expensive paper weight!
The only thing is now when i check for updates is says my phone is up to date even though im only on android 4.0.4?
What now?

jtj121

Reaction score
Sorry that you had trouble with that it worked for me don't know why it didn't work for you and not sure why it isn't showing an update available if your back to stock 4.0.4.

OP
S

Skism

Reaction score
I figured it out and got myself updated to Jelly bean!
Thank you for your help anyway!

albmitte

Reaction score
Hey Skism,

I have your same problem. I can't update to jb because I have some apps (bloatware) missing.

Could you explain in more details what did you do and what files you use to restore to stock?

I am downloading rsl lite (which versione did you use btw?) but still confused about the files I need.

Thanks!