Razr maxx 2.3.6 - rooted

pakuriem

Reaction score
Been looking around for a solid root after I did an OTA update from 2.3.5 - 2.3.6 and I lost root access to my RAZR.

Found this and ran it and it worked perfectly :)

Download Files here:
http://vulnfactory.org/public/motofail_windows.zip

Make sure your device is in USB debugging mode, attach it to your PC, ensure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed, extract the entire zip file, and execute “run.bat”.

Simple

Phreaker47

Reaction score
Cool... will be getting the Razr MAXX in about 3 days... thanks for this.

One question, might as well ask it here... is it possible to use Wireless Tether for Root Users over 4g, or does that still only work on 3g? This will be my first 4g phone.

OP
P

pakuriem

Reaction score
Cool... will be getting the Razr MAXX in about 3 days... thanks for this.

One question, might as well ask it here... is it possible to use Wireless Tether for Root Users over 4g, or does that still only work on 3g? This will be my first 4g phone.

Yup, works no problem with 4G LTE and you get great speeds. I posted up a quick vid on youtube with a demonstration.
[video=youtube;aNqSiSbG1vU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNqSiSbG1vU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

condony

Reaction score
razr maxx rooted but wifi hotspot not working .. any ideas?

Been looking around for a solid root after I did an OTA update from 2.3.5 - 2.3.6 and I lost root access to my RAZR.

Download Files here:

Make sure your device is in USB debugging mode, attach it to your PC, ensure you have the latest Motorola drivers installed, extract the entire zip file, and execute “run.bat”.

Simple

So i just upgraded from droid razr to maxx for the better battery life and i have hotspot hack working perfect on my razr via droidrazrroot.com using sql lite editor and i also did the same method for maxx and hotspot does not work.. it's like the maxx has a block on it. i think vz blocked it out...anyone know of a work a round? i tried wireless tether, open garden foxfi but none work on maxx only on my razr

Azguy623

Reaction score
Can't get Wifi to work

I can't find that Wifi Tether app on the market that is shown on the youtube video above. I tried Open garden and Barnacle my device connect to the Razr via Wifi but there is not internet...

Nelsonc

Reaction score
Yeah I think they put some sort of block on the razr maxx. Foxfi no longer works. It sends it a signal but no internet.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Firemedic67

Reaction score
Do you have any of the data encryption activated on your device?

razrme

Reaction score
Just rooted my razr maxx it is 2.3.6 with 6.12.181 update.

Just rooted my razr!!!! did exactly what you did works perfect Thanks!!!!!

Download Files here:

Simple

Caesars

Reaction score
Yeah I think they put some sort of block on the razr maxx. Foxfi no longer works. It sends it a signal but no internet.

I'm using foxfi to type this on my maxx :)

bpl0477

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, I am thinking oif upgrading, I ahve a d2g presently and thing of razr maxx or droid4. My concerns are rootablitiy of either and wifi-tether. As I can see from this forum so far is that vzw blocked this on the razor, my d2g sill has the wi-fi working. Other questions would be , is there sbf's avail for either of the new phones, and other software to help undo a brick. Only asking because I soft brick my d2g many times but was able to recover.

Thankyou for your input

dsvanp65

Reaction score

Download Files here:

Simple

How does one know if they have the latest Motorola Drivers installed?

The_Chupacabra

Reaction score
I finally bit the bullet and rooted my maxx using this method. Is there anything else I need to get to take advantage of this?

Kyle06

Reaction score
Now just one question.

How would you go about Unrooting your phone when the OTA update comes out?