razr m screen all messed up, HELP!

converged

Reaction score
so i just bought the razr m a month ago and has been working just fine and then out of nowhere today when i pulled my phone out of my pocket the screen was flashing and going nuts and once it stopped the screen is now all out of whack. when i touch the screen and drag my finger, it leaves a trail, as if i was drawing with my finger on the screen. there is also weird small number code along the top border of the screen and i can't get the clock to get off of military time. i am pretty frustrated right now so any help would be much appreciated. i've tried to soft reset but not the full factory reset.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recommend you do the full reset, though it sounds like it's a hardware issue. Again, try the factory reset first just in case.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Try this first...

Press the power button and hold until the menu pops up. Choose Power off.

Once powered off, press and hold the power button until you see the red M logo. Release the power button, and then press and hold the Volume down key and don't release until you see the lock screen and the words "Safe mode" in the bottom left corner. Use the phone as you normally would and see if the problem persists.

If it doesn't, then you have a software package that was installed which is causing the issues you are experiencing. You will need to backtrack to determine what software package is causing the conflict and remove or re-install it.

If the problem persists while in Safe mode, then you will be best served to do a full Factory Restore.

To leave Safe mode, simply reboot the phone as normal.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I thought about that too and even started a post, but decided to go the other way. You might very well be right though. Pointer location is one possibility for the pointer issue and will also show the coordinates of the pointer at the top of the screen.

If your screen looks like this below, it's the selection checkmarked in the Developer Options screen as seen in the pic.

2012-10-31 22.29.43.png

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bah, must have been half-asleep or something when I read this =p I didn't even think of the simplest fix.

OP
C

converged

Reaction score
ah thank you guys! so glad it wasn't an actual hardware issue. i'm too poor to pay for more phone crap.