Razr is awesome with the Lapdock!!

benz0

Reaction score
Well went to check the Rezound, just to check it out. Had only a few moments with it, not overly impress. I bought the lapdock 100 while I was there on lunch :biggrin:, must say that i' m impressed, I knew the technology was there, but this is like a netbook/tablet all in one! I'm typing on the lapdock as we speak ;). It's just gonna get better from here as technology progresses. I'm thinking about shelling out another bill for the 500 model. I read the reviews, but overall I think it's neat and the way of the future, props to Moto! Mouse pointer is a little jittery, buts it's 10 times better to type and actually watch movies and videos on vs the 4" screen, okies.. enough gloating, wow oh wow is all I can say!!!

Last edited:

Billyd

Reaction score
Let's see, where is that crazy icon about "this post is useless without photos" :biggrin:

Kudos on the lapdock, as it does seem to be a really nice accessory even if a little pricey. From what I have read it does seem the 500 has much more to offer including a battery which I don't guess the 100 has?.

One thing that bugs me is it seems you can only run lapdock apps and not all the apps you may have on your cell. Please correct me if I am mistaken. And if that is the case I have to wonder if there will be any hacks in the near future to allow running any app you like?. Also I wonder what effect rooting would have on the dock performance?.

Sry for all the questions but you do have one in hand so I have to ask. lol
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.png

OP
B

benz0

Reaction score
Still playing on this thing, lol. I was able to play Angry Birds with the mouse and keyboard, a little awkward. I'm rooted, haven't notice anything out of the ordinary. I'm able to open all my apps on the mobile version, Netflix is really cool! :biggrin:

I'm able to receive e-mail, but I don't get any text notifications while i' m on the lapdock. My first dock, so i' m easily amused, had the Bionic, but had to get rid of the phone because of the screen. But as of now, i' m able to do pretty much everything I can do on the phone, minus touch screen, speed, and responsiveness.

I know it's the price of a netbook, but i'm digging this dock so far. Really a neat tool, nice screen size and easy on the eyes. And it does have a battery, it charges the phone while connected. More update as I use it more, overall.. what a nice feature! :biggrin:

Last edited:

Billyd

Reaction score
Wow, nice pics.
Now I'm getting envious at how nice is that to be able to organize all your goodies on the big screen.
I usually use Webshare but it's not like actually being on your cell. I assume you can run RootExplorer for example?.

I'll have to keep an eye out on that 100, as it is a little smaller than the 500 and I guess you can add your own camera if needed.
Looking pretty good there. ')
Thanks
X/BillyD..

mr_bungle

Reaction score
i tried to watch hbo go on the lapdock and it keeps saying unplug hdmi cable .?why? do i have to put it on a certain setting or something anyone have any info on this or how i would do this ?

heavyvino

Reaction score
I have a lapdock 500 and I can run any app on my phone, sofar I havent found one that wont work.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I have a lapdock 500 and I can run any app on my phone, sofar I havent found one that wont work.
x2

Screen orientation can get confused sometimes, but I really like the 500.

I wish I could get vpn anyconnect without rooting!!!! I could lose the laptop (well almost).