RAZR ice cream Sandwhich

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The main difference between the RAZR and Nexus is the OMAP4460 which is the same dual core processor (Cortex A9) clocked at 1.5 instead of 1.2. And the GPU clocked at 384 instead of 304.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

I believe you are wrong regarding the processors in the Nexus and the RAZR. The Nexus processor is the OMAP 4460 which is designed to run at 1.5Ghz as you mentioned, but the manufacturer (Samsung) chose to underclock it at 1.2Ghz. The processor in the RAZR is the 4430 which is spec'd at 1.2Ghz and Motorola chose to clock it at the spec'd speed. So, both phones are using almost the same processor and they are also both clocked at the same speed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ocramavaf

Reaction score
You could be a ricer and care about everything except horsepower. :happy3:

The camera is the nexus is... meh, at best. Everyones complains about the razr's camera but from the pictures I've seen it take, its really not bad at all. If you want a nice camera, the Rezound is your best choice. If you want -the- best camera installed on a phone, switch to Sprint and get the Epic Touch 4g.

The biggest reason you should want a nexus compared to a razr is it's screen. Other then that they are pretty much similar hardware wise. If you like to root and rom your phones then the nexus is the obvious choice. Its already seen more development then the razr and rezound which have been out months before the gnex. The nexus has its own issues though, so I'd wait until they are fixed. You don't seem like the type who would take them in stride.

i beg to differ, if you want the best camera ever put on a phone you have to go nokia N8, i had one and no other phone ive ever used comes close, thats the thing i miss most about my N8, that camera was a work of beauty, no other manufacturer has so far equaled those results, in a mobile phone.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I believe you are wrong regarding the processors in the Nexus and the RAZR. The Nexus processor is the OMAP 4460 which is designed to run at 1.5Ghz as you mentioned, but the manufacturer (Samsung) chose to underclock it at 1.2Ghz. The processor in the RAZR is the 4430 which is spec'd at 1.2Ghz and Motorola chose to clock it at the spec'd speed. So, both phones are using almost the same processor and they are also both clocked at the same speed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

It seems you are correct!

Galaxy Nexus

Guess I should have googled that first. ;O

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I believe the Bionic is an exception. Verizon and Motorola have clearly been trying to forget the Bionic in favor of the RAZR. I think that's wrong of them but it's true.

And again with the false truisms? Hardware is not software specific unless the software handles processing power fundamentally different.(favoring one chipset over another) (i.e. Most video games on a computer with i7).

The main difference between the RAZR and Nexus is the OMAP4460 which is the same dual core processor (Cortex A9) clocked at 1.5 instead of 1.2. And the GPU clocked at 384 instead of 304.

The Nexus is faster but the hardware does not preclude the RAZR from being optimal ICS. It may preclude it from loading as fast as the Nexus on something that needs the full processing power but nothing else.

If the bionic is an exception. Then the rzr is too as it is the same dang hardware. EXACTLY THE SAME. Minus screen. Infact the 4430 and the 4460 are exactly the same chipsets.. exactly the same gpu. Not almost or close. EXACTLY. So therefore they will both be as native for ics as the gnex. And all three INCLUDING the bionic will be MUCH more native than the S2....When you guys guna use your heads? Same stuff. Different screens. That is all. Not "its got a different name.. bionic or rzr so ics is guna suck on them" give me a break. Rofl. Rzr and bionic (in my humble opinion as an owner of all three at one time or another) are smoother phones than the gnex stock for stock. As stated earlier skin are optimized for smoothness. And between tw and blur... i believe blur to be the better and more refined skin. You guys crack me up tho. ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
If the bionic is an exception. Then the rzr is too as it is the same dang hardware. EXACTLY THE SAME. Minus screen. Infact the 4430 and the 4460 are exactly the same chipsets.. exactly the same gpu. Not almost or close. EXACTLY. So therefore they will both be as native for ics as the gnex. When you guys guna use your heads? Same stuff. Different screens. That is all. Not "its got a different name.. bionic or rzr so ics is guna suck on them" give me a break. Rofl. Rzr and bionic (in my humble opinion as an owner of all three at one time or another) are smoother phones than the gnex stock for stock. As stated earlier skin are optimized for smoothness. And between tw and blur... i believe blur to be the better and more refined skin. You guys crack me up tho. ;)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I was referring to Motorola usually being significantly better than other manufacturers at OS updates. But I think they have been slow to fix the issues on the Bionic.

My whole argument has been that the phones are essentially the same and that ICS will run equally well on them.

(And I am aware some people have had no issues with the Bionic but it's still unfair to those who bought it day 1 at full price and do.)

ex0rcist

Reaction score
I was referring to Motorola usually being significantly better than other manufacturers at OS updates. But I think they have been slow to fix the issues on the Bionic.

My whole argument has been that the phones are essentially the same and that ICS will run equally well on them.

(And I am aware some people have had no issues with the Bionic but it's still unfair to those who bought it day 1 at full price and do.)

Well then, my fault. I agree with you whole heartedly. Rzr bionic and gnex will def be most native and easiest to port. It was built on 0map. Which im very happy about.