Theme Developer
Reaction score
Did you find a link?...if not I can upload to my MediaFire account

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
It's in House of Bionic. Just download that.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I rooted mine with motfail while on 905 & used voodoo rootkeeper to retain root through the updates.

To root your Bionic with motofail:

1. Install the Motorola Drivers:
  2. Download motofail
  3. Put your Bionic into USB Debugging and USB Charge Only modes
  4. Run motofail's run.bat

Link to file for root with razors edge http://t.co/mbIAmwH8

chuck54

Reaction score
I cannot root my replacement bionic... it came with. 905 installed, so i updated to. 246 ota, downloaded RAZR's edge, checked usb debugging and unknown sources, and tried all three usb connection options... i tried redownloading the drivers, and any updates on the computer, then tried a laptop with the same methods... no luck... and advice? Id like to not try the .246 fxz yet.... i have data that i prefer backed up, but its fine if it comes down to that

BigggJack

Reaction score
chuck54 said:
I cannot root my replacement bionic... it came with. 905 installed, so i updated to. 246 ota, downloaded RAZR's edge, checked usb debugging and unknown sources, and tried all three usb connection options... i tried redownloading the drivers, and any updates on the computer, then tried a laptop with the same methods... no luck... and advice? Id like to not try the .246 fxz yet.... i have data that i prefer backed up, but its fine if it comes down to that

You can root wit House of Bionic mentioned above. . Read the directions & the FAQ. There is a ROOT only option in the Utilities option

chuck54

Reaction score
That didn't work either (I was confident it was going to). Is it possible that motorola just patched the razrs edge root exploit????

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Do you have the Motorola drivers installed on your computer?

Personally I can't get my own Bionic to work correctly while in AP Fastboot. Can't figure out why, because my brother's Bionic works just fine when plugged into the same exact same ports. Any type of modifications I do to my phone, I have to use his laptop. It's a pain, but it works.

lm2

Reaction score
To clarify, I used Razrs edge on my windows machine, but it failed there. So I turned to my Mac and used the above link

chuck54

Reaction score
chuck54 said:
That didn't work either (I was confident it was going to). Is it possible that motorola just patched the razrs edge root exploit????

Well I troubleshooted the prob and when the phone was turned on, the adb interface wouldn't turn on. It would work in fastboot mode. So I wiped data and it began to recognize a new interface, but it didn't read it as adb. So I failed three rsds to 246 and it still booted. I the. Tried to root and its rooted with a couple of things failed. But now it reads the adb interface on the device list! So hopefully I can try and redo rsd lite just to make sure there isn't any bugs... Just reporting the fix for future references lol