Random Error message "com.google.adroid.talk has stopped"

SectumSempra07

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
Twitter
@TwitchN04
Two days days ago I started getting this message that pops up "Unfortunately, com.google.android.talk has stopped" with an "OK" button to press. No other information is provided with the error.It happens randomly. No pattern that I can detect. I have no clue what it means or how to fix it. I'm on Verizon network if that matters. Please help.
Error_msg1228.jpg

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Is "Google talk" still installed on your phone? Try clearing the app data and cache under apps if it is... Or look into hangouts.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm willing to bet that that's hangouts. What is now Hangouts used to be Google Talk. To update Talk & change the name to Hangouts, they left the apk name the same. At least, they did back in the day. Probably still the case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
SectumSempra07

SectumSempra07

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
Twitter
@TwitchN04
Thanks for the responses. I looked into the apps and services on Thursday night. Found out that all updates for Hangouts were uninstalled so it was at its base version. The service com.google.android.talk had also been stopped and disabled. I enabled the talk service and updated Hangouts. No errors since Thursday. I'm thinking the All-in-One Toolbox Cleaner that I installed disabled the service when it cleaned the boot/running apps and services it thought were unnecessary.

Thanks for the help!

loni8217

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Tab A
20170726_141151.png
This has started just in the last few days. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A. I have not used the Hangouts app since May. When I did use it, I did not have any issues. I have since "disabled" it.

I just realized sometihing. I do recall that a software update took place in the last couple days. Prior to the update, the app was on the homescreen labeled as "Hangouts" & now seems to have that long name "com.google.android.talk" w/the android icon, and not the "Hangouts" icon.