Random Car Docking/ Multimedia Station Connecting

diceccac

Reaction score
I just got my Moto Droid a few days ago and love it. But, recently, my phone will randomly say on the top status bar "Connected to Car Dock" and show the steering wheel symbol , when it isnt connected at all. It will also say it is connected to a multimedia station when it isnt, and show the symbol for that as well. This can go on for hours, especially when my phone is asleep. The phone will wake up and say its on a car dock. Even when I am, lets say, messaging. The phone will go into landscape mode (when its really in portrait) and say its connected to a car dock. After a couple seconds the symbol in the status bar normally disappears. Has this happened to anyone else? I visited Verizon and the guy told me to either erase most of my apps, or do a factory reset, in case one of the downloaded apps was interfearing with the car/multimedia station program.

Any ideas? Anyone..?

kenbarnum

Reaction score
I just got my Moto Droid a few days ago and love it. But, recently, my phone will randomly say on the top status bar "Connected to Car Dock" and show the steering wheel symbol , when it isnt connected at all. It will also say it is connected to a multimedia station when it isnt, and show the symbol for that as well. This can go on for hours, especially when my phone is asleep. The phone will wake up and say its on a car dock. Even when I am, lets say, messaging. The phone will go into landscape mode (when its really in portrait) and say its connected to a car dock. After a couple seconds the symbol in the status bar normally disappears. Has this happened to anyone else? I visited Verizon and the guy told me to either erase most of my apps, or do a factory reset, in case one of the downloaded apps was interfearing with the car/multimedia station program.

Any ideas? Anyone..?

The VZW guy could be right... SOme apps are not built for the droid specifically and don't play nice.

Also...both docking functions are magnet activated. Is there any chance you are placing them on something that has a magnet when this happens?

OP
D

diceccac

Reaction score
The VZW guy could be right... SOme apps are not built for the droid specifically and don't play nice.

Also...both docking functions are magnet activated. Is there any chance you are placing them on something that has a magnet when this happens?

Yeah I knew they were magnet activated and that there was one in the phone itself, but even when the phone is in my pocket or on my granite counter top, or even on my wooden table, it still does it. I know for a fact there are no magnets near the phone when it does it.