Raise your hand if your Galaxy Nexus has...

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Been nothing but an overall great experience so far
  • Has a solid connection... as often as a Verizon LTE device can have one, anyway!
There's gotta be some of you out there, right? ;)

I'm in a good 4G area, which probably helps, but my Gnex has been really solid so far. It's bashed a lot, so I wanted to hear from the ones who don't speak up as often... those that have had a positive experience. I keep worrying it's going to falter on me, based on what I'm reading, but so far so good... And the battery life is not unexpected given the size of the battery and what this phone is doing. It's not great, obviously, but not bad either. (c'mon Tbolt owners, help me out! :tongue:)

*raises hand*

*grabs a big fat piece of wood to knock on*

Last edited:

PhishyKris

Reaction score
Mine has been like butter. I love it...over 100 apps installed and no serious issues to speak of. Best Android experience so far.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
It's a great 4g phone. But if you aren't in a strong 4g area the connection is horrible.
I travel often and I know the difference!

I love the phone but it needs to get better. It's very frustrating.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Raises both hands :yeahbaby01:

Reaction score
Had my phone for about 2 months now..no major issues..lil minor things issues that come and go..nothing serious tho..I still love my phone but it definitely could be better..let's hope this new update rolls out soon..

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
My first Nexus gave me a rocky first impression of this device. But once I returned it and got a working one, I absolutely LOVE this phone. I live outside of Pittsburgh, so my 4G connection is generally pretty great. If I am in high populated areas, I usually have full bars of 4G service. Handoff between 3G and 4G isn't bad either, I use Google Music as my music player in the car, and I almost never experience buffering and have minimal load lag between songs as well. The phone is simply snappy as hell. It almost never lags, and multitasking is amazing. The pure Android experience is like no other, since I only had my OG Droid for a little while before I got the DX for the larger screen.

My only gripe with my particular device is that I have a bit of a yellowish tint on certain colors at certain brightnesses, but the ColorControl of Franco Kernel has helped that tremendously. It only seems to be really bad when I am charging my phone and it gets a bit hot. Other than that ONE complaint that is only aesthetic, this phone is fantastic.

psulli24

Reaction score
Knocking on some serious hardcore wood here but mine has been solid and just flat non problematic whatsoever. Gnex Gnex Gnex!:hail::hail:DancingNexus

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
This Phone is the only worthy replacement for the OG i could find, nothing but good things since release day... well with the exception of a toilet dive..

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
In on this crew. Been nothing but a great experience with my launch day nexus

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have one out of two...haha...
I'm in an area that will likely get 4g in probably about... Four years.... But since flashing the 4.0.4 pretty sold three g

Do I still get to raise my hands?

"I'll get you my little pretty... And your little dog todo too"
"I don't even have a little dog todo"

goosedeath

Reaction score
I get occasional reboots, but that's under heavy use usually. Second phone, no discernible difference between phone one and two. Been on liquid since beta3.

I'm pretty happy though, previous phone was the D1.

Sent from my Galactic Unicorn!

paulyjsob

Reaction score
I upgraded to the Nexus from the Bionic (which I was happy with after the latest update) and I am VERY happy with the Nexus. I can't think of any times it rebooted itself nor has it lost data. Best android phone I've owned by far.

billyk

Reaction score
Got one reboot in the first week, then I chucked all the questionable apps I had just loaded and it's been 100% perfect since.

Love the display, look, feel, voice quality, 4G/3G connection and transitions, construction, development support, accessory support and ICS.

The GNex is freak'in AWESOME!!

slider112

Reaction score
*hand raised*
Launch day phone; no problems at all! DancingNexus