RadioShack Super Sale of All Verizon Smartphones: $100 Dollars Off for Limited Time!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
verizon-smartphone-price-cut-1.jpg

The new ad pictured above indicates that RadioShack wants to really push their new partnership with Verizon to new competitive heights. RadioShack is expected to launch their formal partnership with Verizon on September 15th, and according to this new ad, when RadioShack starts to sell Verizon phones they will do so for $100 bucks off of any smartphone with a qualifying new contract, including data plan. The ad doesn't give any specifics, but it is expected to be a limited time only.

There were also no specifics given about whether the $100 dollars off would include contract upgrades. Our guess is that certain smartphones from Verizon, like the iPhone4 will be "off limits" for RadioShack to sell, but this is really just speculation. We will keep you apprised of the details as we learn more.

Source: Android.net via PhoneArena

bppump911

Reaction score
Inclusion of the iPhone Might Indicate iPhone 5 Release is Imminent; Android Problem

Let's hope that the iPhone 4 is included, and for two reasons. First, inclusion of the iPhone 4 may signal that the iPhone 5 is about to arrive - which would be welcome news. Second, should the iPhone 5 be further delayed, or if you have a dying phone desperately in need of replacement, $99 for a 16gb Iphone 4 is a pretty sweet deal. But this is likely wishful thinking, as Apple's business model is to centrally control pricing.

Which brings up another issue: Android's price problem. Unlike Apple, the wide variety of Android offerings (coupled with the pricing flexibility given to resellers) leads to consumer wariness of Android offerings. Nobody wants to pay more than others for the same product, and Android creates that precise fear among its potential customers. Rebates and price wars make Android seem inferior product to the iPhone. The same is true in the tablet wars.

If the Bionic is a premium product, then it should be treated as such, with consistent premium pricing. Until Android manufacturers address the pricing issue, consumers will either be angry (for paying more than their neighbor) or hesitant (for fear of the same scenario).

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Forget that stuff...I wonder how much that Bold 9930 will be there!!!!!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol, yeah, competition is horrible for driving down prices.... /sarcasm

bppump911

Reaction score
Forget that stuff...I wonder how much that Bold 9930 will be there!!!!!

Nice! I always enjoy a joke at RIM's expense (and their co-CEO structure also is laughable). But note that RIM has a number of huge corporate and other business clients locked up. Many IT departments would revolt if they were asked to move away from Blackberry Enterprise. Unfortunately, RIM has little incentive to innovate immediately given its dedicated business core. But over time, RIM either adapts or dies (or is purchased).

bppump911

Reaction score
Lol, yeah, competition is horrible for driving down prices.... /sarcasm

I'm all for lower prices for quality products. Maybe you will pay the $299 so that I can get the competitive benefit and pay $99. It all depends on where you are standing. And BTW, have you seen Rolex drop its prices anywhere? Premium product, premium price, and consumers can buy with confidence that tomorrow Rolex won't cut the value of their watch in half. Apple is the Rolex of the tech world. Android is the Seiko.:happy:

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm all for lower prices for quality products. Maybe you will pay the $299 so that I can get the competitive benefit and pay $99. It all depends on where you are standing. And BTW, have you seen Rolex drop its prices anywhere? Premium product, premium price, and consumers can buy with confidence that tomorrow Rolex won't cut the value of their watch in half. Apple is the Rolex of the tech world. Android is the Seiko.:happy:
We shouldn't travel too far off topic, bit sounds like you're describing the "commoditization" of Android:

Android Officially Brings Commoditization to Smartphones - Seeking Alpha

At this point it's an interesting theory. AFAIK, the data are somewhat split -- Android and Android phones have surged in the last 2 years, but it's also true that there isn't a clear winner in the Android world yet. (BTW, I would definitely NOT use the tablet domain as evidence for the argument -- in particular tablets are not really subsidized like phones are.)

The doom-and-gloomers seem to forecast that commidization assures the mutual self-destruction of Android phone manufacturers. Given that we've seen a healthy lift from $200 to $300 phones in the last 12 months or so, I'm not putting myself in that camp. It's also important to remember that a phone first debuts at an early-adopter price (e.g., $200), then qualifies for various renewal discounts (e.g., $150), then becomes available at third-party sites (e.g., Wirefly @ $100), and then 6-8 months after release, can often be found for $.01 with a new plan. Seems like a reasonable, natural progression in the pricing model. A bit on the fast side, but not unreasonable.

-Matt

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
maybe this belongs in an apple Forum!? and I checked the link you provided and did not see where your title would be relevant as in where is the massive sale !?