RadioShack and Droid Bionic

codye91

Reaction score
As of today, RadioShack is permanently discontinuing the sell of the bionic in their stores. Any dfective returns will be pushed towards another Droid phone, or after release, towards the razr. You guys probably already knew that, but just thought I'd let you know.

Sent from my T-Bolt using DroidForums

McGyver777

Reaction score
That is sad to hear, the phone has tons of promise in the coming months...patch to fix data and camera and then ICS....hate to hear that.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Too bad. The Shaks $199 price gave me something to use to get BBY to match when everyone else was at $299. Great to see the competition. I hope they stay in the game for other new releases

LakauAkatoma

Reaction score
As an Ex-Radioshack Employee -- They tend to fight for the best prices on phones which is why when you go in they bug you about every accessory under the sun in some instances... However they are usually the first to drop and phone if their are any issues that persist longer than normal.

So they will continue to get new hardware and be competitive in pricing but the phone will probably be dropped if there are issues.... it is the Radioshack Way, that they won't admit.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Really, who still goes to radio shack.

dlo-htown

Reaction score

What's the knock against Radio Shack all about? Evidently, LOTS of folks still go there. They do what they do pretty well, else they wouldn't still be in business all these years.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I still go in to see a few things around Christmas, but their prices are too high.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I still go in to see a few things around Christmas, but their prices are too high.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I agree,their prices aren't the lowest... But they're quick and convenient... it's just like when you go to the Valero or 7-11, you know you're gonna pay higher prices to get what you want, but you don't want to have to go all the way to the grocery store just to beat the price on one or two items. That's why they're called "convenience" stores.

That's how I look at Radio Shack... if I need something in a pinch, they seem to always have it. But I will pay extra for that convenience.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Yeah... can't say as I blame them. I have been seriously considering the Bionic, and following the forum. But it's hard to seriously consider a device that can't maintain a connection. I'm still curious to see if the patch (whenever it's released) fixes the issues. As someone said, it has a lot of promise. But paying a couple hundred dollars for "promise" seems like a bad deal.

jared16

Reaction score
No problems with mine

bigmook

Reaction score
No problems here either

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk