R2-D2 DROID 2 Verizon Site Goes Live!

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Does the site even do anything? If so, then its not working for me. Also, I assume that after the phone gets rooted, anyone can make their phone just like the R2D2 edition, unless the phone itself has something engraved or something like that.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
top_logo.jpg
droid_text.gif

Celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the original trilogy's beloved middle chapter by bringing home one of its most iconic characters. Announcing the limited edition Star Wars™: The Episode V The Empire Strikes Back™ DROID R2-D2 from Verizon. With all the features of the new Droid 2, including a Mobile Hotspot, intuitive QWERTY keyboard and Android 2.2, plus exclusive Star Wars content and applications. This collector's edition, limited-run device will be as rare a find as R2 himself. Watch for further email updates to get pricing and availability info, and to be sure you are among the few who this R2-D2 will faithfully serve.
redbar.jpg

Star Wars™ and all characters, names and related indicia are trademark of & © 2010 Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2010 Verizon Wireless DROID is a trademark of Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related companies. Used under license.on full retail price of phone.

The email you get when you sign up.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Does the site even do anything? If so, then its not working for me. Also, I assume that after the phone gets rooted, anyone can make their phone just like the R2D2 edition, unless the phone itself has something engraved or something like that.

Yep site is working.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I think the R@D@ version of the Droid is going to be Navy and White. You figure the phone is blue and metal and not black and gold. So they will give the slide screen a white bezel and put R2D2 in white on the blue back and the boot animation will be R2D2.

markwebb

Reaction score
Ingenious marketing: will appeal to tons of baby boomers who haven't made the switch to a smartphone or who want to switch from RIM or Apple.

Looks like fun! Now, if it can be rooted.....then I'm in!

ggaabe

Reaction score
if you shake your mouse around like crazy on the R2-D2 site it makes a bunch of awesome noises

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OK, I'm gonna be the buzzkill here and suggest: this is the coolest phone, and anyone who owns one will love it. For ABOUT 2 MONTHS. And then it'll be like taking your lunch to work every day in a metal Star Wars lunch box...that is, won't it get old fast? (I'm not talking about the diehard fans who dress up as Star Wars characters every Halloween...that's a different animal entirely.)

-Matt

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552