Quit complaining about battery!

tbolt1125

Reaction score
In almost every single thread on here someone brings up or eventually says they have terrible battery life or they are unhappy.

Go buy an extended battery. Yes they are 50 dollars and we should have gotten them to begin with for free but I'd rather spend 50 then pay retail for a new phone which would be your other option.

Truthfully this is a good phone with the extended battery, I can't really complain about anything major that would make me get rid of this phone.

sent from the bolt

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Unfortunately the price we pay for carrying around basically a small computer in our pockets is bad battery life. I'm sure battery technology will improve greatly soon enough. If you want good battery life then go back to a flip phone lol. I'm perfectly fine sacrificing battery life for all the awesome stuff I can do with my smartphone now compared to my old flip phone from back in the day that could go almost a week without needing a charge.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually before the gingerbread ota battery life was horrific even for HTC devices, who are known to have poor battery life. The evo had the same issue and then when they updated it to gingerbread they saw a huge improvement. So I am not surprised about tbolt improvement in battery life with gingerbread. But the extended battery is a big helper with providing more battery life.

OP
T

tbolt1125

Reaction score
Actually before the gingerbread ota battery life was horrific even for HTC devices, who are known to have poor battery life. The evo had the same issue and then when they updated it to gingerbread they saw a huge improvement. So I am not surprised about tbolt improvement in battery life with gingerbread. But the extended battery is a big helper with providing more battery life.

I wasn't smashing gb its just all the time people complain about the battery and how they hate it. My battery use to not make it through the day but with the extended my phone easily goes all day and I still usually have 50 percent or more. I'm just trying to show how much better this phone is with the bigger battery and that if u hate your battery life you should buy the extended battery

sent from the bolt

nodak102

Reaction score
GB has been a great improvement for battery life

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I bought an oem battery on amazon for less than 10 bucks and a wall charger for batteries for another 5. Well worth it.

Sent from my Galaxy tab 10.1!

alboboy10

Reaction score
How is it with GPS since the gingerbread came out. I'm not into this rooting stuff my phone is hacked right now but don't really care much for it

kevins686

Reaction score
In almost every single thread on here someone brings up or eventually says they have terrible battery life or they are unhappy.

Go buy an extended battery. Yes they are 50 dollars and we should have gotten them to begin with for free but I'd rather spend 50 then pay retail for a new phone which would be your other option.

Truthfully this is a good phone with the extended battery, I can't really complain about anything major that would make me get rid of this phone.

sent from the bolt

Let's say you buy a brand-new car that's advertised to get 20mpg highway; however, when you get it home, you're getting less that half that, with no obvious cause that you can discern. Let's say you take it back to the dealer, being that it's under warranty, and he offers to sell you an external fuel tank that mounts to the roof of your car. For a variety of reasons, you would probably be dissatisfied with that solution.

Shorter-than-advertised battery life is OK with lots of people. And a $50 extended battery that makes the phone look like it has a goiter is OK with others. But some people, myself included, seem to believe that the phone should work as advertised, and that we should be able to get through a workday without having to recharge. That is not an unreasonable position.

chowyenfats

Reaction score
Let's say you buy a brand-new car that's advertised to get 20mpg highway; however, when you get it home, you're getting less that half that, with no obvious cause that you can discern. Let's say you take it back to the dealer, being that it's under warranty, and he offers to sell you an external fuel tank that mounts to the roof of your car. For a variety of reasons, you would probably be dissatisfied with that solution.

Shorter-than-advertised battery life is OK with lots of people. And a $50 extended battery that makes the phone look like it has a goiter is OK with others. But some people, myself included, seem to believe that the phone should work as advertised, and that we should be able to get through a workday without having to recharge. That is not an unreasonable position.

They never said how much battery life you would get out of this phone, what I heard was improved battery life and larger battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

kevins686

Reaction score
They never said how much battery life you would get out of this phone, what I heard was improved battery life and larger battery.

This is from Verizon's Thunderbolt specs page:

[h=6]Battery[/h]
  • Usage: 378 mins OR Standby: 330 hours SAR 1.2 W/kg @ 1g (HEAD)
  • SAR 1.46 W/kg @ 1g (BODY)
I understand that to mean that my battery is supposed give me 6 hours of use (talk, texting, surfing) between charges. Am I interpreting that incorrectly?

chowyenfats

Reaction score
I would like someone to name a duel core LTE 4G phone that has better battery life.

chowyenfats

Reaction score
This is from Verizon's Thunderbolt specs page:

[h=6]Battery[/h]
  • Usage: 378 mins OR Standby: 330 hours SAR 1.2 W/kg @ 1g (HEAD)
  • SAR 1.46 W/kg @ 1g (BODY)
I understand that to mean that my battery is supposed give me 6 hours of use (talk, texting, surfing) between charges. Am I interpreting that incorrectly?

People are reporting better life then that, they are taking about they average user, not high end users, also what is motorola reporting.

OP
T

tbolt1125

Reaction score
How is it with GPS since the gingerbread came out. I'm not into this rooting stuff my phone is hacked right now but don't really care much for it

I used my gps today for 30 min to get around and it took 5 percent down with ny extended battery in...relatively tho if you are traveling for more than an hour using gps I would plug it in to my car charger
This was in a 3g area
sent from the bolt

2001400ex

Reaction score
I resisted getting it, instead opted for the siedio slim, which was a, waste of money. I bought the phone on launch day and the siedio about a month later. I bought the real extended last month and couldn't be happier.

My use, basically I add up the display time and talk time in the battery use app. The original battery and siedio I would get about three hours total on 3g, 2 hours or so on 4g (total time on was about 12 hours and 8 hours). Now on the extended I get over 8 hours on 3g and 6 hours on 4g (30 hours and 24 hours total). Completely worth it.