QuickDesk app.. AWESOME

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks for the help, figured it out.

Go to settings/applications/manage apps/launcher pro (my current desktop launcher)....and cleared defaults.

Press the home-key and set up QuickDesk as the default launcher.

Got into QuickDesk and menu-key let me set the default home press to the the desktop launcher I was using before installing this.

Now a home-key press is the homescreen app I had before installing QuickDesk and a double tap opens QuickDesk.

I have a single homescreen with QuickDesk. Longpress and put the Power Control Widget there for starters.

The back-key closes QuickDesk if I double-tapped the homekey to open it... while in my browser for example.

For applications do a longpress and add a shortcut/application/app-of-your-choosing

Reaction score
Man, the developer has come out with some really revolutionizing Android Apps: HelixLaunchers 1&2 with the stationary shortcuts, this. It's amazing.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Man, the developer has come out with some really revolutionizing Android Apps: HelixLaunchers 1&2 with the stationary shortcuts, this. It's amazing.

Helix blew me away too. you just never know who'd gonna come up with what new cool app next!

btw, for a while your social group was empty. I notice there now are 3 in there.

Appleanche

Reaction score
Seems absolutely perfect for things like the music apps and power things, and I've really liked the idea so far but it seems to make things much more laggy on Froyo (mainly the delay in touching the home button), so I might just keep it away for updates later, it's just in beta now.

Basically if they could just fix the lag, add a nice little animation, and get landscape support it would be absolutely gold.

Phreaker47

Reaction score
I would like to see this app also hook into the Multimedia and Car docking defaults... because as it stands now, you cannot access quickdesk when docked on either.

HokieDroid

Reaction score
I would like to see this app also hook into the Multimedia and Car docking defaults... because as it stands now, you cannot access quickdesk when docked on either.

My first post...:icon_ banana:...DockAwake lets me access QuickDesk while my Droid is in a dock.

ugadawgs23

Reaction score
Ok so I looked at this app and loved the idea of it, however I don't get how to use it. Anyone mind explaining what to do with it to use it right?

HokieDroid

Reaction score
Ok so I looked at this app and loved the idea of it, however I don't get how to use it. Anyone mind explaining what to do with it to use it right?

It gives you a screen that you can pop up no matter what you're doing, whether in an app or on one of your home screens. You can populate it with shortcuts & widgets. I found it a great way to quickly get to my most used apps/widgets. Once you bring up the QiuckDesk screen by double tapping the home button, you can also edit it just like any home screen.

oo3

Reaction score
Can someone help me with this? I have the Quickdesk to activate but whenever I double tap, it's hit or miss. I'll either pull up Quickdesk, or I'll pull up an app that was set to double-tap from the settings menu. I couldn't find how to disable the original double-tap either.

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I figured out how to configure QuickDesk to work with Launcher Pro:

Check out my solution here

-Wug

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just set this up with ADW.... some great potential here.

I like being able to access certain things (ie wi-fi/gps on/off and Handcent while in any other app) Definitely a convenience.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It froze my phone up and I had to do a battery pull :icon_evil:

Uninstalled