Quick Tip: Find Your Android Phone With A Google Search!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
24610-13411f-find-my-phone.jpg

There are several usability tips that make using your Android phone much more enjoyable. The new Quick Tip series will remind you or inform you of all of these great little tips and tricks. First up is a simple way to find your Android cell phone if you have lost it or if it has been stolen. As long as your Android phone is signed in to a Google account you will be able to find the phone with a simple Google search. Just search "Where is my phone". You will be asked to sign in, and then your phone will be located to withing 100 ft of accuracy. Once the phone is found you will be able to make the phone ring at its loudest ringer, or you can remotely factory reset it to protect your private information. It's pretty great how easy Google has made it to locate a lost or stolen Android device.

Update: It appears to only work if you are signed into Chrome on the device you search for your phone. Just be sure you sign into Chrome before searching for your phone.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
What new "quick tips"? Android manager works for me.

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
"Quick Tips" as in news section series.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Am I missing the obvious? That phrase just brings up a search page. Sure I can go down there links and use ADM.

562cb65ac8a4cba60860b6acdb42a250.jpg

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Am I missing the obvious? That phrase just brings up a search page. Sure I can go down there links and use ADM.

562cb65ac8a4cba60860b6acdb42a250.jpg
I believe you need to be signed into chrome. I logged out and did the same search and got the same results that you did.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe you need to be signed into chrome.
I don't use Chrome on any of my electronic devices.
Thanks for the tip as to why it didn't work for me. Perhaps DMX can add that caveat into the op.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

R

RETG

Worked for me when I left my phone in a friend's Jeep and I located it.
It will also locate my Sony Bravia 4K TV which has Android apps. So, I guess if anyone steals it, connects it to the internet, I can direct the cops where to go to get my TV back. I wonder how many thieves or future thieves realize that?:D
Wonder if a court will issue a warrant if a phone/TV/tablet is located in a house? (Probably depends on the judge.)

Wadman

Reaction score
Did this with my wife's lost/stolen phone. She was in Kroger and sat her phone down and it disappeared. Tracked it to the housing district here in town and never could find who had it. So I remote wiped it...then locked it with a passcode only I could know. She was due for an upgrade anyway..lol