Quick Question on Gingerbread

smark22

Reaction score
Now, I definitely want to flash gingerbread on my DX (looks bad ass), but I'm just a little bit worried. I've flashed other roms before, but how much different is this? Will I lose all of my app data (I can't get it all back with Titanium Backup since it doesn't have root, yet)? Should I unfreeze my titanium backup's frozen apps first? And when I want to pick up the official OTA gingerbread, do I simply restore to froyo, root and get my data all back, then unroot again? Thanks for the help!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will lose your app data but you dont have to unfreeze anything. When you want to revert back you will have to sbf.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

garbageman

Reaction score
now that root is available on the leaked version will titanium back up work? I dont know if I am willing to do this if I will lose all of my stuff. Let me know

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
now that root is available on the leaked version will titanium back up work? I dont know if I am willing to do this if I will lose all of my stuff. Let me know

Yes, it works fine. I would recommend Cyanogenmod 7 though, instead of the GB leak. Its amazing.

CM74DX