Quick Question on Factory Reset.

Coots

Reaction score
So, if I wanted to bring the phone back to the original state that I got it in. Just like the first time I turned the phone on, will the factory reset do this? Kinda curious.... I just want to wipe my phone completely clean.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone on this board. I know I'm just now signing up, but during the 2.1 update I was reading that thread solid for that entire day lol. This site is awesome, keep up the good work :)

So, if I wanted to bring the phone back to the original state that I got it in. Just like the first time I turned the phone on, will the factory reset do this? Kinda curious.... I just want to wipe my phone completely clean.

Also, I'd like to thank everyone on this board. I know I'm just now signing up, but during the 2.1 update I was reading that thread solid for that entire day lol. This site is awesome, keep up the good work :)

It will. It will not get rid of updates though.

Related question:

Is there a way to prevent your phone from reinstalling your applications for you? I did a factory reset on my phone wanting to check out whether an application might be causing a problem I was having, but all my apps were automatically reinstalled.

It's a handy feature under normal circumstances, but it can be a pain too. Anybody know how to disable that?

Related question:

Is there a way to prevent your phone from reinstalling your applications for you? I did a factory reset on my phone wanting to check out whether an application might be causing a problem I was having, but all my apps were automatically reinstalled.

It's a handy feature under normal circumstances, but it can be a pain too. Anybody know how to disable that?

I would also like to know this.

Well if I understand the process correctly...........

Free apps will not be reinstalled, you would have to manually do that.

The paid apps will reinstall because they are saved in your google account. Therefore, if you are NOT wanting them to reinstall I believe you would have to turn off your google sync on your phone or delete your google account from your phone.

But before you remove your google account, please double check me.

My friend got a Droid about a month ago. During the first week he went crazy, downloading every goofy app imaginable. After a few weeks he decided to wipe and start from scratch, only installing the apps he really wanted. After resetting, ALL of his apps came back.

When I reset mine, NONE of my apps came back. the first time I went to the marketplace, they were all listed (paid and free), but after after a few minutes, only the paid ones remained listed. I had a list (thank you atrack dog) and I was able to search and download the free ones again.

I have read many threads saying that, after factory reset, ALL of their apps (paid or not) reinstalled themselves. I have also read many saying that none did, they were just listed in the marketplace.

What makes the difference? Anyone know?

Also, which back-up program, if any, will save all of your passwords, activation keys and login information etc.(non-google related)?

Thanks in advance.

can't believe that after 6+ months, the whole factory restore deal isn't cleared up (which apps will reinstall or not) , i am about to do my 1st reset & figured the info would be clear cut (i do not want apps to reinstall , what i guess i will do - backup all apps in Astro, use that list to search for apps to reinstall - because to be sure the apps won't return after the reset , i'll uninstall everything prior to the reset) ..

should be a way to definitely reset w.o apps auto reinstalling

So i need help with this topic big time. I factory reset my phone and accidentally linked the data with my google account, which i believe is why the apps are auto reinstalling. does anyone know how to go into your google account and delete the apps information? i can't find anything on it anywhere. please help.

Back