quick question hdmi on tv

fishy.

Reaction score
So im having an issue connecting to the tv. i bought the hdmi cable. i have a panasonic LCD TV. i bought real hdmi. and for some reason it just wont detect a connection, with real hdmi or the stock one.. i dont know if there is a setting on my tv that i cant seem to find or what the issue is.. any help would be great! thank you.

timrock

Reaction score
Is the tv on the input of the corresponding hdmi port.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
yep, i have hdmi 1 and 2, ive set it on both of them and connected it to the right one on the tv, neither of them work.. im reading where u have to set your tv to hdmi output or something, i dont see it in settings on my tv.

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
blah hours of researching and trying different roms and seeing if anything will work. not getting connected on real hdmi. standard hdmi in gallery just says no hdmi connected..

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
Yup tried that too. Actually tried all the settings.. could it be my phone? Tried all the settings on both of my hdmi slots. With your program and the gallerys

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
Yep have a newer tv in living room. No go still.. from what I've read alot of people have this issue. Im tempted to take into verizon.. but im rooted...

haxerpaylay

Reaction score
Just unroot and revert to stock. Than they wont know. That's what I do at least.

Sent from my Droid.

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
Yeah I was hopin someone knew a trick up their sleeve or somethin. Was a last route thing I was gonna do

xush

Reaction score
I seem to remember having a hard time getting mine to cooperate, but here's how it works for me:

With HDMI cable connected and TV on correct input, when I select a video in my gallery, there is a small HDMI icon/play-button in the upper left corner. Clicking on that takes me to a player with several controls, but no picture preview. Touching the center button plays the video, and I see it on the TV.
I've only tried this with self-shot videos from the gallery.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
F

fishy.

Reaction score
Yeah wonder if its a phone issue. I hit the hdmi button in the corner. Just says hdmi not connected.. either that bad cable.. just bought that yesterday..

Rocko

Reaction score
Take it back, unroot first and bring your HDMI cable.

xush

Reaction score
That's a tough one for sure. Wonder if they could test the cable for you on another device. Would be better if it was the cable and not the phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

qman66

Reaction score
try returning cable first. it wasnt working for me once and i had to buy a new hdmi cable. at first i was so scared because i thought i broke the hdmi input pins