Quick Question About Deleting ROMS

dez

Reaction score
I went back to my backup I had made of the original stock from the Liberty RED Droid and was wondering if I could plug my phone into my computer, then go to the H drive where my phones plugged in and go to the files and delete the red droid ROM file on there without it messing anything up because for some reason when the phone still boots it says liberty but then switches over to the droid eye? I was just wondering how I go about deleting ROMS because I was wanting to install just the regular Liberty ROM on my phone because the red droid rom for some reason wasnt changing the bottom task bar. Also I was wondering where I could get a cool clock weather widget shown here [Theme] RedX for Liberty Rom - xda-developers
Thanks for any help guys :)

N

Nickchapa

What you do I just flash the new rom in clockwork recovery then wipe data/cache and it will get rid of the old rom whether it be stork verizon or red droid or anything else. You can delete red droid from your sd card without any problems. So just 1.get into clockwork recovery 2. Install zip from sd card. 3. Install new rom. 4. Wipe data/cache. 5. Reboot. (i heard people wipe data/cache before installing the new rom. But it doesnt matter.)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dez

Reaction score
So that will get rid of the file from my SD Card?

mcp770

Reaction score
So I'm gathering you restored a factory rom nandroid coming from liberty? If so than everything is back to factory as you wanted. The exception when using a restore is the boot logo. For this the easiest method is to use DX/D2 Logo changer by jrummy available in the market. This app allows you to change that logo to stock or a number of custom ones. As for the sd card you can delete anything without much worry. I normally save folders like downloads, handcent, clockwork etc that contain backups of apps and such but routinely delete rom folders when changing.

The BEST method to use when returning to stock that does replace boot logo and all is flashing the maderstcok340.zip. It puts a complete 340 image on your phone (must reroot) and guarantees all rom remnants are gone.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
After a rom is installed, its safe to remove the zip from ur SD. Just use astro file manager to delete, no need to connect to PC.