Quick contacts & Handcent issue

transtechterry

Reaction score
I use handcent on my bionic instead of the stock text messaging app. I also use the preinstalled quick contacts app. The problem is that when I touch one of the contacts which will bring up options to call, email, or text that person only the stock text messaging app icon is there for texting & not the handcent icon. I have handcent set as my default texting app & have the stock one disabled. I've tried removing/replacing the quick contacts widget & uninstalling/reinstalling handcent but same problem. My phone is stock, never been rooted. Sorry for the long post, thanks in advance for any ideas.

bbucks36

Reaction score
could be that handcent is a 3rd party app.. and motorola blur is not scripted to put another icon there..or direct it to that app

Last edited:
OP
transtechterry

transtechterry

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to mention earlier that it was there before & a pop up asks if you which one to use. I picked the stock app by mistake & I haven't been able to get it to give me that option again.

bbucks36

Reaction score
From the homescreen, tap the menu button
Choose settings, then application, then Manage applications
Scroll through the list until you find the entry for your launcher, then tap to open it
Simply hit the "Clear defaults" button, and the next time you tap the home button on your phone, the choice of which launcher to use has returned!

Last edited:
OP
transtechterry

transtechterry

Reaction score
Which launcher in the applications list, handcent or the stock messaging app? I tried your suggestions in both with no change.

OP
transtechterry

transtechterry

Reaction score
I went through all the other apps in the manager & cleared defaults in every app listed that looked like it would have something to do with it & its fixed now. Thank you very much! Very appreciated!