Quick Charge 4 Gives You 5 Hours Of Battery With 5 Minutes Of Charging

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
quick-charge-4-slide-3-840x437.jpg

You can do anything for five minutes right?! Well apparently you can gain 5 hours of battery life with just 5 minutes of Quick Charge 4 charging! QC 4 will be a feature of the new Snapdragon 835 processor which was announced by Qualcomm last week. QC 4 will charge at 5 degrees celcius cooler than QC 3.0 up to 20% faster and 30% more efficient. It will support both USB Type-C and USB-PD connections. There are also several new safety features built in. This will easily be a top feature of smartphones including the Snapdragon 835 processor. With charging speeds like this do you think the next big battery technology advancement is as important as it used to be?

via Android Authority

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
That's nice, but it still means being glued to the wall multiple times in a day. I'm ready for battery technology that I only need to charge once a week.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes I think better batteries are still important and a more efficient operating system. Faster charging of existing ones is just kicking the can down the road faster. We're giddy when we get 4 hours of screen on time now but when my Note4 was new I got closer to 8 hours of sot until the phone upgraded to lollipop. Now I'm happy to get 5 hours with a new battery and M. I got that on my Inc 1, which was notorious for lousy battery life, having craptacular reception to boot.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I have to Say that Since the Droid Turbo & Now the Mozo Z Force I've been spoiled with Good Battery Life. Motoz Z Force with QC 3.0 Charges Fast Enough. I am getting ~27hrs on a Charge with pretty good usage. I want to to see 3-4 Battery Life. I can live with Charging Slower. Unless you Carry around a QC 4.0 Power bank you will still need to carry a Charger to get the 5min 5hr charge. I dont want to be tied to Walls like that old Samsung Commerical with iPhones plugged in constantly.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Give me a battery that doesn't need quick charge because it lasts 24. What good is 4 hrs in 5 mins if I have to do it every 15 mins...

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Google Pixel XL, I can go 2 days without charging easily. If I use it heavily through the day, it can go without issue and charge it at bed time.

creaky

Reaction score
But us it too late for the 835s to make it into the next generation of phones that will be released spring?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
im fine with my Phone taking 1-1.5hrs to charge. it lasts now 24-35hrs under Normal Use. I would love to 72+ hours with Normal Use. QC 3.0 Is good enough for me.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I don't need more then 12-15 hours of charge. I'll never get why people HATE charging their phones every night... :D:D

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I think people are remembering the days back when they had Basic Phones that you charged Weekly. I loved my old LG Envy with the Extended Battery. Lasted Forever. I guess you can see where people may miss that. But they need to remember these are practically no different then using a Laptop in your Hand.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I want a phone that gets 48+ battery life, not because I don't like to charge my phone every night, but because I don't want to have to worry about running out regardless of how I use it. My Droid Maxx DE has been my favorite phone because with its 3500 mah battery and 5" 720p display, I could use it however I wanted and never worry about not having a charge. My Nexus 5x and Nexus 6 don't get near the battery life.

With that said, I love quick charge because if for some reason I have not able to charge my phone for long or my phone gets knocked off of the wireless charger I can get a good charge quickly.

I think the next big innovation for a battery will be a battery that doesn't use conventional li-ion tactics, and self charges for weeks or uses true wireless charging.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give me a phone that charges using body heat and movement. I don't know what they will do to battery life itself, given that I'm charging it, then stopping, then charging it, then stopping.

Also, if body heat is charging the thing, and the battery gets hot, is it then charging itself perpetually??? :p

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I want a phone that gets 48+ battery life, not because I don't like to charge my phone every night,
But there are only 24 hours in a day. Do you not spend most nights at ho.... O wait. I remember being single. PLENTY of nights I didn't spend at home. ;)

However... in this day and age? Odds are she has an Android charger, too. ;)

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
But there are only 24 hours in a day. Do you not spend most nights at ho.... O wait. I remember being single. PLENTY of nights I didn't spend at home. ;)

However... in this day and age? Odds are she has an Android charger, too. ;)
She may have an iPhone with a Sparkly Case. lol.

I remember seeing something a while back about a new battery technology that was better than L-Ion. I think it was Carbon Based. This is what we need. Advances in Battery tech not Advances on charging what we already have.