Questions I can't get answers too

JCo352

Reaction score
Ok I'm not really in need of rescue, but you guys seem to be the most helpful, and have a lot of knowledge. I recently rooted my phone by flashing the SPRecovery sbf with RSD Lite and I installed JRummy's Cyan theme 5.0.5.7. Now I want too go to JRummy's cyan theme 6.0.6.1. I downloaded the update.zip and installed it, but it's not overclocked, so I did a nandroid restore of the other. I guess the overclock kernel was in the 5.0.5.7 update.zip, but not i the 6.0.6.1. So now my question; If I go to JRummy's v0.6 Cyanmod 6.0.6.1, can I just install the same kernel that I have now(Bekit 1200 5 slot lw) through the update.zip method? The reason I ask, is because in his release it says " Bekit's Kernels:
*For easy install see rom manager on the market*
(I will upload sprecovery compatible kernels for Bekit soon)"
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/jrummy/38459-jrummys-remix-v0-6-cyanmod-6-0-6-1-a.html
Sorry for the lengthy post, just new to this stuff and trying to get answers, and don't think I don't read, I have read a lot. Including Matt3w's whole guide.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't worry about the not reading part. We don't either. We just make answers up :)

If your phone is currently functioning, do a nandroid backup. You have one from before you moved to this rom too. I tend to name them by rom name and date to keep track of them and know which ones I can delete down the road. From there you can install a new kernel and if it doesn't work for you you can just nandroid restore and try a different one. That's the beauty of having backups. There isn't much fear of screwing up.

I don't know which kernel is the best one for you. There are a bunch out there you can try until you are happy with the results.

edit: here is a thread with some that definitely can be done via update.zip: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...s-low-voltage-medium-voltage-3-25-2010-a.html

Last edited:
OP
JCo352

JCo352

Reaction score
Don't worry about the not reading part. We don't either. We just make answers up :)

If your phone is currently functioning, do a nandroid backup. You have one from before you moved to this rom too. I tend to name them by rom name and date to keep track of them and know which ones I can delete down the road. From there you can install a new kernel and if it doesn't work for you you can just nandroid restore and try a different one. That's the beauty of having backups. There isn't much fear of screwing up.

I don't know which kernel is the best one for you. There are a bunch out there you can try until you are happy with the results.

Ok thanks I will give it a try. I appreciate the quick response.