Questions About Root

Squeak87

Reaction score
I am going to try to root my D2 using Pete's Root Tools, some people told the phone has to be in PC Mode to root and others say Charge Only Mode, can someone please clarify for me?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
You should need to put it in charge only mode. That is how I always had to do it on my D2 and DX.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
I found a tutorial for rooting that suggests flashing back to GB 2.3.2 then doing the root, any suggestions?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am a bit out of the loop on rooting so seeing the tutorial wouldn't hurt so if you link me to it I will know better. But I do not think you should have to roll back to an older version, can't be sure until I see this tutorial though.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
I was actually just using Google to learn how to flash Clockworkmod and it came up with a website that suggested using that method. If I can find the link again I will post it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Definitely let me know. And like I said earlier you shouldn't have to go back to 2.3.2 to root but it may make more sense if you do happen to find the guide.

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
I'm gonna stick with the current method and tools for rooting. I am buying a USB 3.0 cable today to see if that was my issue with the rooting process.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sounds good, hopefully it works out.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That would be the luck. I suppose they probably have them online somewhere but remember it was just a possible solution. Nor sure that it would do it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Squeak87

Squeak87

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you actually do need the same brand cable as your phone? I don't see why another cable wouldn't work if its compatible with the phone and the pc detects it right?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well so as people are not completely confused, this is the other part of the issue you are talking about now. Otherwise what you are asking does not really makes sense: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ne...sistance/202562-welcome-post.html#post2054795

I have read more then one time where people switching to the factory cable helped but I am sure you will get mixed reviews, as I said it is not a definite. Have you tried anything like doing a factory reset or a different computer? Also, I know the D2G and DX both have recent updates that can not be rooted but I am not sure about the D2, have you gotten one lately?