Easy way to root D2 or proven way to do it on a mac?

mza929

Reaction score
Forgive me if this info is somewhere else... i did search and could not find the info.

Has anyone had luck rooting the D2 with an app similar to say: DMUpdater, Universal Root or Easy Root? If there is an app out there that can do the work for you please let me know.

Not that I dont want to do it manually, but I have a mac.., and apparently the majority of instructions out there are for pc. HELP!!! Koush just got a recovery working - ROMs and Kernels are right around the corner! :)

I need that!!! :)

UPDATE FINALLY GOT THIS THIG ROOTED... bang it here for a no computer way to root

PROPS TO Eousphoros!

KalenXI

Reaction score
I haven't seen an easy app, but the manual instructions work just as well on the Mac. Just install the Mac Android SDK and use that, the commands for adb are the same on any OS.

slayher

Reaction score
I know it can be done on a Mac as well as Linux. Just follow the instructions over on xda. It's quite easy :)

ljbaumer

Reaction score
I did it on my mac easily I just translated the instructions to fit the mac code in the terminal and it worked fine

OP
mza929

mza929

Reaction score
UPDATE FINALLY GOT THIS THIG ROOTED... bang it here for a no computer way to root

PROPS TO Eousphoros!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Check out this project I've been working on.

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows and Linux (and soon Mac) - xda-developers

Maybe a handful of commands.

I'd probably do it if I understood what you were talking about. I mean I suppose that's simple to some people and certainly looks easy compared to other rooting methods I've seen but I still don't understand what the heck any of that stuff is.

That's not your fault of course and I commend you on doing a good job. I think. ;)

darkonion

Reaction score
Check out this project I've been working on.

Easier 1-2-3 Droid 2 Root for Windows and Linux (and soon Mac) - xda-developers

Maybe a handful of commands.

I'd probably do it if I understood what you were talking about. I mean I suppose that's simple to some people and certainly looks easy compared to other rooting methods I've seen but I still don't understand what the heck any of that stuff is.

That's not your fault of course and I commend you on doing a good job. I think. ;)

Hahaha. It's easier than it seems. I've been lazy and haven't written an indepth process yet... Hahahaha.